- Company: Rhodes Park Schools Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Rhodes Park School is a leading private educational institution in Zambia and has been serving Lusaka Parents Since the 1960s. We offer kindergarten to high school (K-12) classes that follow local and international syllabi.
Job holder to be responsible for preparation and posting of preliminary accounting entries as well as data capture and filing of accounting documents.
- Timely and accurate capture of supplier documents, including invoices, in the financial accounting system.
- Timely recording and processing of payment vouchers and the accompanying support documents in the financial accounting system.
- Maintain a record and listing of payment vouchers submitted for supervisor checking or approval
- Timely and accurately capture of petty cash vouchers in the financial accounting system.
- Timely and accurately capture of company payment vouchers in the financial accounting system.
- Ensure the timely and secure depositing of daily collections into the designated company bank accounts.
- Engage and respond to customer queries professionally by providing accurate and relevant information as required to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Actively and effectively participate in the tasks around the process of debt collection on outstanding accounts including emailing, phone calls and SMS engagements.
- Ensure strict adherence to internal control systems in the Accounts office and timely reporting of noticed short-comings to Management for corrective actions
- Timely preparation and circulation of the Daily Collections, weekly, monthly and adhoc reports.
- Regular, secure and accurate filing of all company documents under their custody, including Petty Cash Vouchers and Payment Vouchers.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledgment, maintaining outstanding standards and all other aspects of customer service
- Promote team work by ensuring you involve yourself in any area that may benefit the team and the customer
- Perform other, reasonably required duties, as assigned from time to time by management.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better
- 1 Year Experience
- Diploma in Accountancy; or
- Level II in ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
- Affiliate member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Analytical and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and inter-personal skills
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel, Word and other accounting packages
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your CV and copy of professional qualifications to email@example.com
Rhodes Park School is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.