- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Core duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the superintendent and/or solve the hydraulic system related problems and failures on board of the equipment in the day to day fleet operations.
- Provide on request optimal technical support in case of equipment malfunctioning.
- Spot problems/risks and carry out checks on the control systems/applications, thereby identifying possible sources of malfunctioning risks or incorrect use promptly and avoiding problems.
- Ensure the hydraulic equipment is being maintained to the company standards and the certifying authorities/OEM.
- Commission hydraulic installations in consultation with the relevant teams.
- Read and understand Electrohydraulic schematics.
- Share knowledge within the company, both verbally and in written form, and provide technical background information and instructions for optimum use of the systems.
- Recommend and make improvements to current Hydraulic Systems.
- Write Management reports clearly outlining Status of machine/Challenges/ Support required
- Contribute to systems related troubleshooting and problem solving.
Key Job Attributes
- Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Good oriented person
- Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
- Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
- The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage
Skills & Experience Required
- The ideal candidate must have 15 years proven experience in the Mining Industry dealing with face shovels and drills: Komatsu PC5500, Liebherr 9250, Liebherr 9100, CAT MD6640, Pit Vipers 271.
- Mechanical Engineer Degree or higher
- Practical and analytical in nature, able to separate important from less important matters.
- 1 – 3 years of Fluid Power/Hydraulic Engineering related experience.
- Certified fluid power specialist (CFPS) and/or Certified fluid power hydraulic specialist (CFPHS) and/or Certified hydraulic fluid power engineer (CFPE) desirable.
Closing Date : 20th May, 2021.