- Company: Zambia National Commercial Bank
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
Zanaco Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with relevant experience for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Credit Division under the SME & Digital Lending Department at Zanaco Plc Head Office: –
DIGITAL LENDING, POLICY & MODELLING (DATA SCIENTIST) SENIOR SPECIALIST (X1)
The role is responsible for designing and evaluating models that work in production. The role holder will use data available from both internal and external sources to build fraud and credit models to make real-time decisions.
Under the supervision of the Internal Consultant, SME & Digital Lending, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Understand trust and build signals from unstructured and structured data to identify good and bad borrowers.
- Identify patterns of fraudulent behavior and build models to detect and prevent these behaviors.
- Propose product and credit policy changes to improve company profitability.
- Monitor digital loans portfolio to identify trends, lead weekly digital lending steering committee meetings to share updates and analysis.
- Develop statistical models to assist in pricing and user segmentation.
- Manage statistical driven models to achieve IFRS 9 Impairment calculations.
- Work with the Technology division and vendors to build infrastructure and architecture for data generation and usage.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
· External: Regulators, Auditors, Consultants, Credit Reference Bureaus, Other partners
- Internal: All Divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
· Degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Actuarial, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science etc.)
· At least five (5) years’ experience with managing full implementation lifecycle for digital lending solutions.
· Hands-on experience in scorecard development and implementation, customer analytics, risk analytics or big data credit scoring.
· Fluency in SQL and SAS or R/Python is a MUST/MANDATORY.
· Ability to design algorithms, which may include data cleaning, data mining, data clustering and pattern recognition methodologies.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written Numerical skills/data rational.
· Presentation skills.
· Persuasive skills.
· Analytical and quantitative skills.
· Forward planning.
· Ability to lead, direct, manage and supervise.
· Results orientated.
· Strong numerical skills and financial acumen.
· Good prioritization skills.
· Delegation skills.
· Leadership and negotiation skills
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, 14th May, 2021.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).