- Company: Zambia Cotton Ginners Association
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
The Zambia Cotton Ginners Association, a registered body comprising seven private cotton and agribusiness companies has entered into an agreement to partner on a project with We Effect, a development agency focused on thematic areas of sustainable rural development, adequate housing, and gender equality.
The sub-project is part of the Sustainable Cotton for Women and Youth Empowerment in Southern Africa Project to be implanted in four countries. The objective of the project is to contribute to reduction of poverty and injustice in Zambia through improved productivity in the cotton sub-sector.
The project’s specific objective is for women, men and youth cotton farmers to have increased incomes and sustainable livelihoods in targeted communities in Zambia through the creation of approximately 13,750 decent jobs.
The project is now seeking a qualified Project Accountant who will have the main responsibility for the Project accounting.
The Project Accountant is responsible for maintaining the budget, recording and reflecting fully, accurately, clearly and in a timely manner the funds that are allocated and the disbursements made to support project implementation, in accordance with the approved documents and the liquidation of expenditures on a monthly basis. The Project Accountant will ensure the use of standard financial and accounting procedures in line with the project financial guidelines.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in project budget monitoring and revision;
- Managing accounting and financial information and Admin operations;
- Establish a robust project accounting system, including reporting and filling systems, in accordance with the project document and approved partner procedures;
- Ensure all payments, journals and deposits are authorized before being captured in the accounting system
- Maintain petty cash transactions, including writing receipts, preparing payment request forms, disbursement of cash and ensure timely clearance of advances;
- Manage banking transactions related to the project, including preparing bank transfer requests, submitting them to the bank, monitoring transfers and preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements and reporting;
- Prepare project financial reports as required and in accordance with the project funding agreement;
- Prepare payroll and ensure statutory obligations for the organization are paid on time;
- Coordinate Donor and Statutory Audits- Monitor and ensure expenditure of project funding is made in accordance with approved budget and procedures;
- Continuously improve systems & procedures to enhance internal controls to satisfy audit requirements;
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and donor contractual obligations;
- Maintain an inventory file to support purchases of all equipment/assets (including asset coding, safeguarding and insurance of assets);
- Undertake other relevant matters assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- Full grade 12 certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels credits;
- Qualifications in ACCA/CIMA/CA or a university degree with knowledge in accounting, finance or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in financial and accounting work, solid experience budgeting, planning and reporting on donor funded projects;
- Good knowledge of administrative and accounting regulations;
- Familiar with accounting software;
- Membership to the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA);
- Good computer skills in common word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), and accounting software.
- Must be able to commence work as soon as possible.
To apply, kindly email your application letter and CV as one pdf/word document, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts and clearly stating the job title in the heading to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 21st May, 2021.