- Company: Ebenezer Child Care Trust (NGO)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Livingstone
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
POSITION: Chaplain / Director of Religious and Spiritual Life
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative / Full Time
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Ebenezer Child Care Trust
The mission of the Chaplain supports the vocation of Ebenezer Child Care Trust by tending to matters of the heart and spirit and providing resources for children and staff to grow into a deeper Christian spiritual maturity.
GOALS and OBJECTIVES:
1. The Chaplain is to promote Christian faith by providing spiritual guidance, moral support to the children of the orphanage, students and members of staff in an ecumenical spirit.
2. The Chaplain will coordinate Christian activities on or off campus including Sunday worship services, Bible School, Chapel at the school campus, religious studies classes on campus and community outreach. Sunday worship shall include Holy Communion/Eucharist once per month. The chaplain shall provide baptisms, first communion instruction and confirmation instruction as needed.
3. The Chaplain will make arrangements for funerals and memorial services for members of the Ebenezer Child Care Trust community.
4. The Chaplain will provide counseling to those in need.
5. The Chaplain will visit and pray for the sick in hospitals and homes.
6. The Chaplain will assist those who do not belong to any Christian fellowship to get connected.
7. The Chaplain will assist those with a passion for music to join the ECCT choir and music program for enrichment, entertainment and training exposure.
The Chaplain is to provide pastoral care and serve as a spiritual resource to the ECCT community. The Chaplain is a resource to departments and administration, faculty and students to address spiritual needs on both individual and institutional levels. In terms of pastoral care, the chaplain offers support, prayer, consolation, and spiritual guidance to administration, faculty, staff, and students. Situations that call for pastoral care and visitation can include personal illness, death or illness of a family member, and personal and family crises.
NB: A special consideration will be given to candidates with musical training, background and or talent
All applications to be sent / emailed to:
P.O BOX 61019 Email: email@example.com
Closing Date : 18th May, 2021.