- Company: Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: EDUCATION MANAGER AND DISTRICT COORDINATOR – KAZUNGULA, ZIMBA, SESHEKE AND NKEYEMA
Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS) is a registered Non-Governmental Organization under the Societies Act Section 7 (1) under the Laws of Zambia. ZOCS is a vibrant and flagship organization of Community Schools since 1992 in Zambia that empowers communities to provide quality basic education to 189,287 learners (93,507 Boys and 95,780 Girls) in 1085 demonstration open community schools across 95 selected districts in all the 10 provinces of Zambia.
The pillars on which ZOCS builds its approach are those of enhanced educational opportunities for children through education policy engagement, increased community capacity to provide such opportunities and ensuring more and better education for more children in communities. ZOCS is about open, accessible schools for disadvantaged children and communities, and these take priority over everything else.
ZOCS is inviting applications for the following positions.
1. EDUCATION MANAGER
Main Purpose for the Position
The role will provide technical expertise to the ZOCS Education Programme and is expected to foster relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including ZOCS Project Managers, Programme, Advocacy, Monitoring and Evaluation, the Ministry of General Education (MOGE), donors, academia etc. The role is also expected to engage with internal and external technical working groups and communities of practice. The role will also supervision the Education Officer and the Ministry of General Education (MOGE) structures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to the ZOCS education programme and set the technical approach in relation to the Strategic Plan, Annual Workplan and Budget.
- Build capacity of national staff and partners in key technical approaches related to education.
- Develop new strategic partnerships and position ZOCS for securing new standalone and cross-cutting education funding opportunities.
- Work closely with advocacy, resource mobilisation departments to identify and pursue funding opportunities.
- Engage with technical partners especially the Ministry of General Education (MOGE), donors and Project Managers to strengthen profile and opportunities to grow the education portfolio.
- Ensure that gender, disability and resilience considerations are reflected in the education programme design and implementation.
- Work closely with Advocacy department to ensure that a rights-based approach is reflected in the education programme design and implementation, with a strong focus on child participation.
- Promote an Education Systems Strengthening approach as the overarching framework, that supports working in collaboration and partnership with Governments, local partners and working towards impact, scale and sustainability.
- Promote and monitor integrated programming in a way that increases overall impact of education programmes at the community level.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation teams to carry out learner (ECE to Grade 12) and teacher assessments in Community and Secondary Schools.
- Lead and ensure the use of disaggregated data and drive collection of relevant evidence and analysis of outcomes and results, and making a link to quality and accountable programming;
- Ensure that ZOCS is influencing and learning from others through national technical coordination and networking bodies such as clusters and working groups (MOGE Technical Working Group, Project Coordinating Committee (PCC) etc).
- Strengthen ZOCS in national dialogues and policy processes through working closely with the advocacy department.
- Ensure that the diverse voices of underserved children, girls and boys including children with disabilities are equitably heard and represented in education programming.
Qualifications / Professional Experience
- University degree in Education or any other related field
- 8-10 years’ work experience leading design, implementation and monitoring of education programmes essential
- Education in emergencies programming desirable
- Understanding of the Zambia Education Sector policies desirable
- Familiar with global education goals i.e. Sustainable Development Goal number 4 and 5 desirable
- Demonstrated education programme design, monitoring and evaluation skills, including designing pathways to sustainable impact at scale essential
- Previous staff supervision experience essential
- Programme management experience desirable
- NGO experience essential
- Donor engagement essential
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Commitment to values, mission and vision of the organisation
- Integrity in all actions
- Diversity and Inclusion
Networks (internal / external)
- Staff (internal)
- Schools (external)
- Donors (external)
- Government (external)
To be considered for the positions, email email@example.com or send your application letter, resume and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications with traceable referees to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia Open Community Schools,
P.O. Box 50429,
Plot 20, Tito Road, Rhodes Park,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 21st May 2021 at 17:00 hours
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.