- Company: Simba International School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Simba International School
We are a co-educational International School is school with over 30 years of educating children from Early Years Reception through to Sixth Form, with both day and boarding students. Our student population is over 400 students.
We are among the first group of the international schools to be established in Zambia. We are a high performing school that recently started the Cambridge Primary Programme which of course leads in very well to the existing Cambridge IGCSE and A level courses that the Secondary school works towards.
To provide an administrative service for the Head of School and the school and to ensure procedures are undertaken. To act as a first point of contact with parents and all visitors to the school.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good literacy skills
- A confident telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to work with children
- Good administrative skills
- Familiarity with computers and software programmes
- The ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Tact and diplomacy
- A sensitive and approachable nature
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Willingness to use own initiative
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- To deal with enquiries, answering telephone and relaying messages to staff, to screen the Head of School from routine enquiries, to arrange appointments.
- Maintains a variety of computerized and manual records, files, and department databases (e.g. information packets, rosters/listings, calendars, outstanding supply orders, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reliable information and complying with government guidelines.
- Greets all incoming visitors for the purpose of ensuring that guests sign in/out as required.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
- Orients new campus personnel regarding appropriate school and district practices (e.g. directions, building procedures, etc.) for the purpose of effectively assimilating new personnel into campus operations.
- Responds to inquiries from a wide variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among department and/or providing direction as may be required.
- Schedules various activities (e.g. meetings, testing arrangements, assemblies, special programs, referral appointments, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in meeting staff needs and efficiently utilizing personnel, equipment and facilities.
- Supports Head of School and other administrative personnel for the purpose of assisting with their administrative functions.
- Coordination of the end of term mailings, ensuring they are promptly dispatched three times per year as well as any other routine communication to parent body as and when required.
- Responding to ad hoc requests from staff for reports and assistance.
- Maintaining efficient filing of information in hard or electronic copy.
- To ensure that all school pupils are maintained in an orderly manner, reviewing arrangements as appropriate, and being responsible for confidentiality and security.
- To ensure class registers are completed daily, kept up to date and returned to the office.
- To maintain procedures for admission and withdrawal of pupils from the school and completion of required administration information.
Qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of a Diploma in Secretarial studies (or equivalent)
- Computer skills with at least 3 years of proven experience operating in a secretarial position and administration.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively in a mature manner with both employees and non-employees of the organization is essential.
The school is an equal opportunity employer and suitably qualified, self-motivated and results oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. Hard copy and/or electronic applications accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents should be forwarded to the following addresses on or before June 11th 2021.
Attn: Mrs T, Phiri