- Company: St. Ignatius College
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE STORES OFFICER.
St Ignatius College in Ibex Hill, Lusaka, Zambia, is a Christian non-profit Catholic Jesuit Secondary School for both girls and boys and wholly owned by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), Province of Malawi and Zambia. St. Ignatius College is a new Secondary School founded in 2018 on strong Jesuit Ethos principles and aspiring to pioneer educational tourism in Zambia through the provision of the state-of-the-art educational infrastructure, including ICT and producing good, upright and responsible students and staff.
The College is Seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual in the role of Stores Officer.
Overall Job Purpose.
The Position of Stores is an administrative role and the incumbent is expected to be technically sound in tactical presentations and analyses of all information relating to the management of stores of the College. The Stores officer will report to the Finance Manager and will be required to utilise his/her specialized experience in working with risk, audit, financial, planning, lead time, and budget management models to ensure the College is growing and meeting its strategic objectives. Additionally, the Stores officer will be expected to advice the Management through the Finance Manager on how best to improve the stores management and reduce risk to goods or products of the College. In this case, the Stores office is expected to keep records of all stores transactions and ensure compliances of processes within the College.
Detailed Activities/Responsibilities of the Stores Officer:
- Be responsible for receiving and checking all deliveries
- Ensure all stock is stored in the correct manner
- Update and filing of bin cards
- Liaise with Procurement and handle queries to delivery and stock discrepancies
- Maintain records of and report any shortage or spare items and products
- All inventory management system to be up to date at all times
- Carryout termly regular stock takes
- Issue of stock items and filing of requisition sheets
- Organise and deliver goods from stores to the relevant departments as required
- Ensure that the stores rooms are locked and access is limited at all times
- Obey lawful instruction as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and supply from a reputable University;
- Two to Five years’ experience in stores management
- Professional affiliation a must
- Numeral knowledge in stores will be an added advantage
THE PERSON must:
- Be a Christian and preferably a Catholic with knowledge of Jesuit Ethos will be an added advantage;
- Be a proactive, hands on officer who will take responsibility for the store’s management;
- Be a strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organise and manage the stores effectively.
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both the department, staff and management.
- Have excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality;
- Have proven ability to make complex and time sensitive decisions in the best interest of the College;
- Be a result/ performance-oriented person;
- Possess the credibility to forge effective working relationships with senior management and other staff;
- Be of mature disposition with conflict management skills;
- Have tact and diplomacy required in solving problems;
- Have negotiating skills;
- Be creative, enthusiastic and proactive, keen to embrace new ideas and challenges;
- Have confidentiality and integrity skills;
- Have ICT Skills and capacity to building skills;
- Be competent in MS Excel, Word and Accounting Software Package that the College uses; and
- Have a good understanding of whole range of secondary school issues.
In return, the Stores Officer can look forward to a competitive reward and benefits that include gratuity, and medical cover.
N.B: Applicants for positions at St Ignatius College are expected to support the College’s mission and contribute to what St Ignatius College strives to accomplish as a Jesuit institution.
Please apply by submitting a detailed curriculum vitae including three references, certified professional and academic qualifications and a copy of the National Registration Card to the undersigned:
The Human Resource Officer,
St. Ignatius College, Ibex Hill,
P.O. Box 34114
Deadline for submission of applications: May 28,2021