LEGAL COUNSEL (x1)
To undertake the provision of legal services to the Institute, Board, other relevant internal and
external parties, in order to facilitate dispensation of justice
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prosecute effectively all criminal offences committed by employees of the Institution
after approval by the Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Provides timely and appropriately legal services to the Institute, the Board and other
relevant internal and external parties in order to facilitate decision-making.
- Provides timely legal representation for the Institute in order to preserve the integrity and
reputation of the Institute
- Attend to all matters against the Institute in all the Courts of Law.
- Liaising with relevant authorities and facilitate the drafting of the relevant statutory
instruments, possible amendments, guidelines and other legal documents.
- Carries out secretarial duties to the Board and Committees of the Board and serve as a
focal point for communication between the Board and Management.
- Draft the agenda for the Board meetings in consultation with the Chairperson and
Director and takes minutes during Board and Committee meetings.
- Collects, organizes and circulates documents required at the Board or Committee
- Provides legal advice to the Board and committees.
- Ensures compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other pieces of
legislation which are related to the Institute’s operations.
- Provide custody of all legal corporate records pertaining to the Institute’s operations.
- Ensures safe custody and proper use of the Institute’s seal.
- Vets information to be released to the public.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate or relevant qualification
- Bachelors of Law Degree, Master’s degree in Law-related field and post graduate diploma
in drafting will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience as an advocate and should have a valid practicing
- Registered with the Law Association of Zambia.
- Able to write comprehensive legal documents.
- Able to argue a case sufficiently with legal knowledge in a clear and concise manner.
- Computer literate, effective team player, sober habits, trust worthy, honesty and integrity
- Able to communicate effectively in English
Only shortlisted will be contacted
Closing date: 21st May 2021.
For any queries contact the Institute on the following number: +260 212 226062, 0964 780 540