- Company: Restless Development Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their comunities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
We are run in hubs in nine countries across Africa, Asia and in the UK and USA, with a wider network of partners across the world. We have been working with young people since 1985 and our work is led by
thousands of young volunteers and advocates every year.
Restless Development Zambia has been operating for over 15 years. As part of a global agency for youth-led development, we have been a national leader in engaging and supporting young people to make lasting change in their communities and countries. Working across the country, with a central office in Kabwe, we aim to work with young people’s priorities in 4 key goal areas: Voice, Living, Reproductive Health Rights and Leadership.
OUR APPROACH TO SAFEGUARDING
Restless Development considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organisational imperative with primacy over the success of programmes or strategic objectives. We recognise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
As Lead Safeguarding Officer, you will be responsible for driving a safeguarding culture across the Nepal hub, implementing the nationalised safeguarding policy and operational management of allegations and disclosures, including coordination with supporting bodies, and sign-posting to relevant organisations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Restless Development Zambia is the go-to agency and thought-leader in youth-led development and community engagement in the country. Key priorities in the first year of the Zambia Hub Director role will include:
● Bringing to life Restless Development’s global strategy and national strategic vision
● Fundraising and partnership development to diversify funding sources
● Strengthening governance and leadership
● Robust oversight of finance, programmes and people during a period of transition
● Planning for and responding to shifts in the political and legal landscape
You will take leadership of the Zambia Hub, setting strategic direction, building partnerships and driving performance across all Units in the hub. Working closely with your Head of Programmes, you will provide support and oversight to your Leadership Team to ensure financial, programmatic, quality, people and performance functions are implemented to a high standard. The Zambia Director is also a key member of our global leadership, made up of Hub Directors, the Restless Leadership Team and young leaders from across the agency.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job title: Zambia Hub Director
Salary: ZMW 518,811 Gross per annum
Preferred start date: August 2021
Length of contract: 2 years
Visa requirements: Should be a Zambian National
Reports to: A Member of the global Restless Leadership Team
Direct reports: Head of Country, Senior Finance & Admin Manager, Meaningful Youth Engagement Manager, Communication Coordinator
Expected travel: Occasional travel within Zambia plus 2-3 weeks’ international travel as required.
1. Strategic Leadership
• Provide strategic leadership and direction to the Zambia Hub, serving as a representative and public spokesperson for Restless Development’s youth-led model, values and policies for all internal and external stakeholders.
• Accountable for the sustainable, effective delivery and impact of the Hub.
• Strategic planning: working with the Zambia Leadership Team and global colleagues to conduct annual planning and implement the Hub’s strategic vision.
• Work closely with and strengthen the Hub’s Board of Trustees to ensure effective governance of the Hub
• As Lead Safeguarding Officer, champion safeguarding as a primary consideration in decision making processes, including strategic planning and programme design.
• Global leadership: as part of the Restless Development global leadership team, regular collaboration with other Hub Directors and the International Senior Leadership Team to shape the agency’s global strategy and direction, including participation in the Annual Directors Conference and director level decision making processes.
2. Partnerships, Business Development and Grant Management
• Working closely with colleagues in the Hub to drive the funding strategy, providing oversight of the health and cultivation of the Hub’s funding, partnership and grant portfolio in line with the Hub’s strategic ambitions – ensuring that the Hub is able to fully fund its operations, innovation and growth in the country, regionally and as part of the global agency.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships, partnerships and alliances with relevant institutions and organisations, for learning, advocacy, fundraising and influencing.
• Use leadership, networking, negotiation, influencing and relationship-building skills to secure significant funding in-country from diverse income streams including regional investments and partnership opportunities.
• Oversee strong systems for effective for Donor Reporting, through Zambia’s Leadership Team.
3. Programmes and Operations Performance
• Through the Zambia Leadership Team, hold ultimate responsibility for the Hub’s performance and delivery, ensuring key performance and quality indicators are achieved.
• Drive a culture of programme innovation, learning, evidence building and influencing – ensuring that Restless Development Zambia programming portfolio remains at the forefront of driving transformative change for young people across the country and beyond.
• Working closely with the Snr Finance Manager to ensure strong financial management systems are in place.
• Ultimate oversight for financial management including budgeting and financial governance, ensuring strong accountability and value for money.
• Oversee the management of Zambia’s Leadership Team, including fostering collective ownership of key organisational processes and systems.
• Lead on all manager-level appointments, ensuring that staffing within the organisation is appropriate, trained, and motivated for the delivery of the global Strategy.
• Line manage and support the professional development of direct line reports and ensure strong staff performance management and staff development is provided to all staff.
• Operational management of safeguarding allegations and disclosures in the hub, including coordination with supporting bodies, and sign-posting to relevant organisations.
• Other duties as required.
• You may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Substantial senior management experience in fundraising, programmes, finance, operations and/or human resources, ideally in the development sector.
- Demonstrated success in raising significant income through fundraising and partnerships development.
- Proven track record of leading a medium sized organisation through a change period.
- Experience in distance management and working with multiple offices.
- Experience in policy engagement and working with government stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel nationally and occasionally in the region or internationally.
- Be committed to the role of young people in development and the agency’s values.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- A proven track record in driving forward organisational change and leading transitions within a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Zambia’s social and political landscape.
- Experience of youth programming, and knowledge of relevant national, regional and international policy
- An understanding of the current socio-political environment in Zambia Experience of building and driving through new business
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Restless Development will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th May 2021 Indicating Subject as “APPLICATION_YOUR NAME_ ZAMBIA HUB DIRECTOR”.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.
Click HERE to download Application Form.
Click HERE to download Job Description.
First round interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 7th June 2021.