- Company: TopFloor Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Our client in the health sector that supports eye care around the world is looking to hire an Accounts and Admin Assistant.
- Daily management of team cash advances: This includes gathering advance requests, ensuring necessary approvals, following up on advance retirements from the team members and reconciling the retirements with invoice copies and cash balances.
- Daily entry into QuickBooks of home office activities: Maintaining journal accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions, this includes invoices, check payments, petty cash and bank deposits.
- Manage check payments and petty cash accountability; Keep, Replenish, Reconcile and report petty cash; Approves and verification of petty cash request and cheque payments to be handled by the Finance Manager and Country Manager.
- Aid in audit requests: Provide any selected and requested audit documentation.
- Management of Office assets and manage the asset register and their disposal.
- Management of supplies and office suppliers; request for quotations from different suppliers; ensure all office supplies are available and maintain relations with suppliers.
- Manage all travel and hotel arrangements; this includes when Zambia personnel are travelling as well as when guests and visitors are coming to Zambia.
- Tracking of fuel replenishment reports
- Tracking vehicle repairs and maintenance records
- Manage the security, gardener office aid/cleaner and interns as well as attending and responding to visitors/partners inquiries.
- Support the Country Manager and other managers.
- Coordinate general office functions; This includes reception, correspondence and proper documentation of all company documents.
- Managing all logistics during meetings & trainings
- Carry out any other duties and tasks as may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Must have at least 3 to 4 years of experience
- Diploma in Accountancy; or Level II in ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
- Affiliate member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Excellent verbal, written communication and inter-personal skills
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel, Word and other accounting packages
- Must have level experience of finance entry, experience with quick books will be a plus
- Planning of work events like small meetings
- Arrange for travel and logistics e.g. booking hotels
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information