- Company: Pact Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC, is implementing a USAID-funded project, USAID/Z-CHPP, aimed at reducing new HIV infections by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions. Pact has an immediate need for highly competent country citizens to fill the following position.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will take the lead in implementation of the performance monitoring plan (PMP)/or Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT) to capture project performance and results including routine service delivery data reporting.
S/he will be responsible for overall coordination of data collection and reporting of service delivery data against the indicators and ensure quality of data through routine data verification procedures. The M&E officer will also make periodic technical assistance/data quality audit visits to Z-CHPP sites in data collection, analysis and use of data for decision-making and program improvement. S/he works collaboratively with other team members on project planning, implementation, and the adjustment of project activities based on monitoring information obtained by using innovative, participatory methods and standard approaches.
- Collect, compile, validate, interpret, and analyze data and trends using standard practices and techniques.
- Analyze layering of services on monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual basis.
- Support the Project in all statistical analyses, and technical trouble shooting related to data.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
- Responsible for maintaining and checking the accuracy of data for assigned projects.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of the project’s findings, best practices, and scaled up efforts stemming from the project.
- Support the Project in dissemination of results to key audiences.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to project M&E strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results.
- Provide leadership in coordinating the successful implementation of the project’s M&E activities.
- Support and oversee data collection associated with Z-CHPP activities.
- Conduct bi-monthly technical supervision of data collection.
- Provide technical support to DREAMS and CHIV sites on data base management and reporting.
- Provide technical leadership on the use of data collection tools and ensure that they are used correctly and consistently.
- Advise programs teams on achievement of targets related to Z-CHPP activities.
- Organize and facilitate training workshops on monitoring and evaluation.
- Enhance systems for routine data collection and M&E feedback to technical/or program staff.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure that necessary project planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Work closely with implementing partner structures to strengthen routine monitoring of programs.
- Track performance results on all Z-CHPP output indicators using the PMP or IPTT.
- Document, write progress reports and disseminate program-related data.
- Work with sub-implementing partners in ensuring that Z-CHPP data is up to date in DHIS2.
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Advise program technical staff in preparation of work plans and key project reports.
- Regularly assess data to ensure accuracy prior to submission.
- Coordinate quarterly Data Quality Assessments (DQA).
- Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field or equivalent experience.
- Not less than five years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluating health and/or development programs.
- Proven ability to design and manage monitoring and evaluation systems on development projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate training workshops on M&E with local organizations.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Experience and understanding of the PEPFAR framework and reporting system.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis and word processing, database, and graphical software.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform.
- Fluency in English.
Interested candidates must send their application and CV on or before the due date 2nd June, 2021. All applications must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org