- Company: PestalozziWorld
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Established in 1995, PestalozziWorld is an international alliance of organizations that provides scholarships, housing and vocational training to children ages 10-18, from families living in remote, rural areas of Africa and Asia, who have demonstrated academic ability in primary school but have no local access to secondary school. Operations in Zambia are overseen by the Pestalozzi Zambia Children’s Trust. It has evolved into a Centre currently accommodating over 230 boys and girls, not only from Zambia but also with refugees from Angola, Congo and other neighboring African countries. It has two Children’s Villages within Lusaka: Kasisi (for the youngest children, Grades 5 and 6) and Ibex Hill (for children in Grades 7 to 12). The Organization now employs over 90 local members of staff.
We are inviting applications from individuals who have a genuine interest in children and development of youth in Zambia.
1. House Mothers
Qualifications and experience:
- Should be a Single and mature Individual Aged 30 and above
- Ability to speak English fluently
- Have a wide general knowledge base to be able to help the children with homework
- Patience and understanding and an awareness of the different stages of growing up
- Ability to treat the children with love and care as if they were their own children – i.e., act in loco parentis
- Ability to explain how and why things are done in a certain way and demonstrate the same, be a role model
- Be honest and open with the children and have faith in their abilities
- Practical skills as necessary This is A MUST
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Nursing or any child care qualification
- A First Aid qualification
- Hands on Computer (Microsoft Office)
Closing date 11th June 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.