- Company: Copperbelt University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community engagement as a service to the nation. The University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the position of DIRECTOR in the Directorate of Information and Communication Technology.
Plan, Direct and Coordinate the development of Information and Communication Technology Systems of the university.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee development of procedures, processes of ICTs.
- Develop Information Systems in line with the current technological advances.
- Maintain appropriate ICT equipment in a functional state at all times.
- Provide ICT services to University users in line with the ICT policies of the University.
- Adopt appropriate Computer related technologies for teaching and research purposes
- Liaise with donors and funding agencies and coordinate the various directorate initiatives so that they complement each other within the university’s overall ICT master plan.
- Coordinate project proposals to secure funding and oversee the implementation of all ICT projects within a coordinated operational plan.
- Serve as a technical expert for the university for purchasing ICT equipment and systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- A PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must possess business and management knowledge.
- Minimum five years working experience in a large organisation with at least two years of work experience in a managerial position.
Required Skills and Behavioral Attributes
- Leadership and teambuilding skills.
- Interpersonal skills to work with senior and junior staff, and with students.
- Ability to work with staff from different professional ranks and academic disciplines.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Self-motivated and innovative/creative.
Immediate Supervisor: Vice-Chancellor
Salary Scale: MGT 06
Interested applicants meeting the above specifications should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and three (3) names of referees, two (2) of whom must be Professionally acquainted with the applicant.
The applications in hard copies should be submitted to the undersigned not later than 4th June 2021 or soft copies to email@example.com
Plot 4692, Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692