- Company: Bank of Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
SENIOR ECONOMIST – MACROECONOMIC ANALYSIS, RO (1POST)
To plan, supervise and co-ordinate the operations of the Economics Unit at Regional Office so as to ensure timely production of analytical and research reports to enhance the effectiveness of monetary policy.
• Conduct relevant policy research, generate inflation forecasts and policy analysis.
• Collect real sector data and generate appropriate reports.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders on economic developments in the northern and other regions.
• Prepare, evaluate and maintain annual work plans for the Unit.
• Participate and coordinate business continuity activities for the Economics Department.
• Coordinate data management for the Regional Office.
• Undertake surveys to collect information relevant for monetary policy.
Qualifications and Experience
• MSc/MA/MPhil in economics, money and banking or monetary and financial economics or equivalent;
• Five (5) years relevant experience; and
• Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better).
Key Knowledge and Attributes
• Experience in macroeconomic analysis, econometric modelling and forecasting at middle management level in a reputable organisation.
• Good writing and research skills.
• Ability to work in an intense deadline environment
• Working knowledge of office and econometrics software.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in a team.
• Analytical thinking.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Closing Date : 3 June. 2021