- Company: Hilton Garden Inn
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
A Staff Canteen Assistant is responsible for presenting and preparing high quality food to deliver an excellent staff experience while ensuring all mis-en-place is in place and surfaces are kept clean and tidy.
What will I be doing?
As a Staff Canteen Assistant, you are responsible for presenting and preparing high quality food to deliver an excellent staff experience. A Staff Canteen Assistant will also be required to ensure all mis-en-place is in place and surfaces are kept clean and tidy. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare and present high quality staff food within company guidelines
- Keep working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Ensure all mis-en-place is in place for all relevant menus
- Communicate with other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Staff Canteen Assistant serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
Previous kitchen experience in similar role
Intermediate Basic Food Hygiene
Certificate in Food Production or equivalent
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Closing Date : 8th June, 2021.