CARE Zambia an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following vacancies available at Head Office in Lusaka
Job Title: Administration and Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Program Support Manager
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
The Administration and Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the efficient management of transport/logistics, administration, property and travel related services. This includes ensuring that all processes are functioning efficiently across the CO and that there is good coordination between Lusaka and the sub-offices. She/he is responsible to ensure that CARE Zambia operations are carried out efficiently and in alignment with established operating policies, procedures and standards so that program activities can be implemented smoothly, on time and within budget.
S/he collaborates with the sub-office managers and ensures effective coordination between the program and administrative throughout CARE Zambia and maintains up to date policies and procedures documentation. The Administration and Logistics Coordinator must be a proactive problem-solver who is self-motivated and energetic. S/he must hold him/herself and members of the team accountable for effective and efficient service delivery to the programs as well as high levels of integrity and compliance with organizational policies, processes, and regulations. S/he must demonstrate the adoption of efficient and cost-effective methods and a strong customer service focus.
|Area of delivery
||Scope and expected outcomes
|Leadership and management of the Country Office Administration and Logistics Teams
- High quality leadership and team management – Manage the performance of team members through performance reviews, frequent conversations, and other methods as appropriate for continuous performance improvement.
- Develop and organize activities of admin and Logistics Department to provide timely and effective support to Country Office program to ensure objectives are met.
- Partner with other Country Office peer positions and departments in ensuring seamless coordination and support to the Country office
- Supervise, guide and mentor admin staff in Lusaka, including the driver/logistics assistant, receptionist/admin assistant and cleaner and ensure timely and high-quality service delivery
- Provide guidance and support and capacity strengthening to sub-office administrative staff as instructed by the Program Support Manager,
- Ensure all staff have the appropriate orientation and guidelines to ensure implementation of CARE administrative policies and procedures
- Contribute to cost controls through systematic review of expenditures, identify cost-saving measures and implement appropriately to improve stewardship of Country Office resources
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervision visits to provincial offices to provide support and coaching to admin staff and conduct spot checks of files to ensure availability and accuracy of the information in the system
- Ensure that there is a coherence in the support provided between Maputo and Field Office locations, positively Influencing ways of working within the PS Team to have a positive impact on the efficiency of the different units and value addition to the Country Office
|Country Office Property and Asset Management (including warehouse management)
- Ensure all staff have the appropriate orientation and guidelines to ensure implementation of CARE property and asset policies and procedures
- Ensure that procedures are in place and in use to ensure appropriate management, documentation & protection of CARE assets
- Ensure that procedures and processes are in place and in use to control allocation and management of equipment including vehicles, and ensure implementation of effective fleet management
- Manage the inventory, property and equipment of the Country Office
- Ensure leased properties are properly managed in line with the terms and conditions of the lease agreement.
- Mitigate possible risks by ensuring safety and security for both rented and owned assets.
- Lead semi-annual and annual physical inventory and reconciliation of Property Register with Financial records as required by CARE policy and procedures.
|Country Office Facilities and Administration management
- Coordinate the provision of administrative support to the provincial offices as requested
- Ensure the maintenance of all CARE rented/ owned facilities and follow utility obligations in a timely manner.
- Lead the analysis of Country office’s travel related needs and coordinate with procurement to identify high quality service providers and manage subsequent service level agreements (SLAs).
- Strengthen CARE Zambia’s system for travel management.
- Coordinate and ensure the implementation of Administrative policies and activities.
|Country Office Fleet Management
- Ensure effective systems are in place for vehicle scheduling, management, maintenance and reported in a timely manner.
- Support the team to embed organizational systems, standards, and structures related to fleet management, including advice, clarity on policy, procedures, and ways of working.
- Ensure Fleet related policies and procedures for logistics are adhered to, including ensuring metrics and reporting.
- Analysis of CO Fleet to determine the most cost effective and efficient means of delivery.
- Conduct security awareness training in accordance with CARE policies and procedures and in cooperation with the Sub Regional Security Manager.
- Assess CARE accommodation, office and other facilities in all operational locations and advise on any possible security measures or change of locations.
- Monitor and insure staff adherence to the set safety and security measures
|Customers Service Excellence
- Ensure coherence in the Admin and Logistics function and across functions to have positive impact on efficiency and value addition to the CO.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with customers for improved service delivery.
- Provide proactive, rigorous, and logical methods to solve Admin and Logistics support related challenges faced by units across the Country Office.
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Finance, Management or related areas or equivalent in years of professional experience in progressively senior roles. A Master’s degree is desirable.
Experience and Competencies Required
- The position requires a minimum professional experience of 5 years in the management of administrative procedures, at least 2 at managerial level.
- Knowledge of Admin and Logistics management and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations best practices
- Excellent planning, negotiation, and communication skills – ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing demands of the job
- Customer oriented – internal and external
This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the COs internal and external customers. These include and not limited to.
- Country Office teams; Program, Finance and Safety and security Teams
- Shared Service Centre, Regional Office, and Head Quarters
- Vendors / Government agencies / Other organizations (peer organizations)
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.