- Company: Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Chief of Party TBLON Ref No. CP/TB/14/02/21
Reports to Director TB Programs. The incumbent is responsible for overall programmatic and fiscal management of the project. S/he is the primary liaison with donor personnel and ensure that project operations and sub-awardee management and activities are fully in compliance with USAID regulations and integrated with host-country.
- Provides strategic vision and depth of TB technical leadership in project design, coordination, and implementation
- Leads planning, coordination, and technical direction of project strategy and work plan, and implementation of all activities within the work plan to high professional standardsMaintains a strong and wide network with key partners and stakeholders in Zambia, and ensures that the project is represented on appropriate steering and advisory groups
- Directs planning, reporting, and budgeting in accordance with USAID requirement
- Leads monitoring and evaluation activities on the project and ensures the project goals, objectives and expected results are met in a timely manner
- Leads development of adaptive strategies in response to project environment
- Oversees and provides technical assistance to project staff and in-country partner organizations, ministries, and health service delivery points
- Oversees design and implementation of operation research projects under TBLON.
- Ensures dissemination of project results through project briefs, abstracts, manuscripts
- Ensures cohesiveness within the technical team and the necessary operational efficiencies required to implement sound technical strategies and achieve goals and supervise the planning, design, quality, and follow-up of technical activities
- Maintains up to date knowledge on the National and WHO guidelines on TB and TB/HIV
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with a Masters Degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Epidemiology, Management, Capacity Development, Social Sciences
- Five (5) years of experience in TB and TB/HIV programming working with multiple stakeholders including Ministry of Health, Provincial and District levels, Civil Society, and Communities.
- Demonstrated managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing large donor projects involving coordination with multiple program partners or institutions in Zambia or the region
- Expertise in of TB prevention, diagnosis, and treatment (e.g. case finding, HIV/TB co-infection, DR-TB, paediatric TB, TPT, TB in key populations)
- Demonstrated experience in the programmatic management of Drug Resistant TB
Familiarity with the TB and TB/HIV programs in Zambia
- Experience in managing research projects will be an added advantage
- Valid Practicing Licence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter and detailed CV quoting Reference Number and day-time telephone number to;
CIDRZ Human Resources Director via email: email@example.com
Hard copy applications will not be accepted
Closing Date : 18th June, 2021.