- Company: Sinohydro Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mkushi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
MECHANIC JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking to hire an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty construction equipment. As a lead mechanic, you will be responsible for inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet.
To ensure success as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, you should have proven experience working with heavy machinery, be physically fit, and be able to troubleshoot issues on the job site/Workshop.
- Inspecting trucks, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 certificate
- Advanced Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or Equivalent from a recognized Institution
- 3-5 years relevant work experience preferably in the Construction industry
- Thorough knowledge of the construction, design, assembly, and maintenance of a wide variety of special purpose heavy equipment.
- Experience in troubleshooting hydraulic and electronic systems.
- Ability to keep records of repairs, time and parts used for the servicing of heavy, special purpose automotive equipment, and to make related reports.
- Member of The Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ & ERB) Good communication skills,
- Self-motivated and innovative
TITLE: GRADER OPERATOR
REPORTS TO: JOB FOREMAN/SITE MANAGER
Operates self-propelled motor grader, form stakes, lines, and takes instruction from the Site Manger. Performs either rough grade finishing with the ability to learn or fine grade finishing, spreading and mixing materials on roadway. Must be willing and able to operate other equipment when required. Must be able to understand grades and have a knowledge of plans and drawings and overall road construction.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for equipment checks and informing mechanics and supervisors of mechanical problems with the equipment.
- Be able to identify hazards on site.
- Must be willing and able to learn general construction practices involving road construction.
- Have an understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance and ability to work in and implement safe work practices and contribute to a safe work environment.
- Willing to learn and take direction.
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers.
- Must be able to work under pressure in some situations.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
- Work overtime as required.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) should be sent to the:
Human Resources Officer
Due date 19/6/2021