- Company: Media 365 Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Location: Media 365 Offices (Lusaka) with occasional travel as required
Status: 1 Year Contract, Full time
Level: Entry Level
Reports to: Head Driver
Media 365: Ideas that Inform, Educate and Inspire
Who are we?
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, we have worked with local and global clients in the public, private
and non-profit sectors since 2008. We design and implement projects and campaigns using a design process that creates impact.
As a Driver you will be responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of staff members and goods. As well as providing a high level of service (as and when needed), you will also be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the vehicle and ensuring it is in a safe and serviceable condition.
What will you do?
- Practicing safe driving habits
- Following all state and national safety regulations and standards
- Accurately following routes, maps, and directions
- Assisting passengers/loading cargo/loading baggage
- Keeping exterior of vehicle clean and presentable
- Maintaining vehicle equipment; replacing oil, filling gas tank, general motor vehicle maintenance as needed for safety
- Cleaning windows, windshields, and mirrors as needed
- Keeping interior of vehicle clean of debris and clutter
- Loading and unloading vehicle
- Delivery and collections of documents, goods etc
- Completing documentation such as logs, mileage, or cargo and passenger reports
- Following schedules and rerouting in timely manner when faced with traffic or congestion
Skills, competencies, qualifications, experience and personal attributes
- Grade 12 certificate
- Valid manual drivers license
- Good driving record with no criminal convictions.
- Good command of spoken and written of English.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a driver in a similar role.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Knowledge of the Work, Health and Safety.
- Flexibility to work after hours when required.
- Good mobility
- Able to follow verbal directions, read maps
- Cautious with defensive driving skills;
- Presentable with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Must be a person with initiative and high moral integrity;
- A good team player
- Ability to manage time and routes for a streamlined delivery experience
- Reliable and punctual with a dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently and collaboratively;
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Physically able to lift and carry object up from 30 to 50 pounds
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and sit for long periods of time during daily routine
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV as one document demonstrating your suitability for the job to email@example.com , with the subject line: Female Driver on or before 16th June 2021. Interviews will be conducted week beginning 14th June 2021, start date for the role is 1st July 2021. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you!