- Company: Healthy Learners
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Healthy Learners is an award-winning non-profit organization committed to improving the health of children in Zambia and beyond. We partner directly with the government and local communities in Zambia so that school children can stay healthy, learn effectively and have a brighter future. This year Healthy Learners was the inaugural winner of the 2021 Duke F.M. Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact and the UBS Optimus Foundation COVID-19 Relief Prize and has seen strong, steady growth in philanthropic support over time.
School-aged children in low resource settings suffer from a high burden of disease and lack access to even basic healthcare, which causes otherwise preventable and curable illnesses to frequently result in life-long health challenges or disability. In the short term, these illnesses contribute to school absenteeism, poor academic performance and high drop-out rates. In the long term, they undermine physical, cognitive and emotional development and hinder economic prosperity.
Healthy Learners is solving this gap through our unique model of school-based community health. By training teachers in community health and making schools entry points into the public healthcare system, children now receive medical attention in substantially greater numbers, improving health outcomes and reducing absenteeism. We currently serve 250,000 students in Lusaka and are working with the Zambian government to scale nationally.
We are looking for Finance and Administrative Assistants to work at our offices in various towns in Zambia. The position will report to the Director of Administration (DOA) and support the Administration department. The ideal individual will have finance, administrative, procurement and store management skills. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem-solvers and flexible to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work as a bank agent for the organisation
- Assist with cash disbursement to partners using our cash disbursement platforms
- Management of Petty cash
- Fill in payment vouchers and write cheques and update the cheque book register
- Assist in preparation of source documents as required by auditors and funders
- Systematic filling of all financial documents at the site office and mailing them for posting in quickbooks
- Ensure the running of day to day operations by on-timely management of office utilities such as internet, water and electricity.
- Fleet and logistics management of company vehicles i.e preparing and managing transport requests, checking road tax and car insurance, ensuring that all vehicles have the necessary accessories and submission of vehicle reports to supervisor.
- Maintenance of cars by identifying mechanics and garages to fix minor issues as well as coordinating the servicing of cars with the head office.
- General office filing, printing and scanning of documents
- Maintain a clean office environment by coordinating the office help, driver and/or gardener to assist with cleaning of the surrounding areas
- Monitor and supervise adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards
- Manage the storage and management of supplies such as construction materials delivered from head office.
- Conduct regular stock taking and update the online inventor report shared with the Administrative Officer
- Maintain up to date records of materials inventory at the stores (existing stock, pending orders, etc.)
- Provide information on current stock and orders to provide justification for re-ordering
- Management of stationery, cleaning and kitchen supplies and report any procurement needs to the Administrative Officer
- Identification of suppliers (vendor list) for general office and cleaning supplies and excellent understanding of a fair bidding process i.e collection of quotations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business administration or other related field.
- Two or more years of relevant experience in Finance and Administration, preferably with a non-governmental organization
PREFERRED SKILLS / PREREQUISITES
- Finance policies and procedure
- Supplies and materials management
- Vendor management
- Able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
- Experience in and understanding of risk management
- Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures is a plus
- Strong planning and coordination skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities effectively
- Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Proactive, results-oriented and able to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Emotional maturity, patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good writing skills
- Humility and willingness to regularly receive constructive feedback
- Flexible and open to change
Note: Eligible candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Interested applicants should email their CV and one page cover letter indicating the town they are applying to work from and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All applications must be addressed to;
The Director of Administration
Note: You can learn more about our work by visiting www.healthylearners.org