- Company: Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kasama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
HEAD OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE SERVICES SALARY GRADE CMS-3 REPORTING TO DIRECTOR TECHINCAL
To conduct, coordinate and manage the planned maintenance management system of the company for effective operations of the water and sanitation infrastructure.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the Monitoring of performance of pumps, motors and other electromechanical equipment and plant & machinery in operations against design specifications to ensure optimum performance. Evaluate the performance of water and sanitation equipment and infrastructure
- Coordinates and ensures adherence to installed planned maintenance program for plant and equipment to minimize downtime and prolong life of Equipment.
- Ensure timely repair and maintenance on pumps, motors, motor vehicles and associated equipment to minimize downtime.
- Prepare and submit for consideration the departmental budget so as to ensure that budgeted performance review and condition assessment activities are funded.
- Coordinates with other departments in the planning and development of rehabilitation works.
- Manage and encourage staff, optimizes their outputs and effectively manages relationships in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Undertake and agree to performance targets and conduct appraisal for all staff under his/ her supervision.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports as required by supervisor.
- Coordinates condition assessment for infrastructure and equipment periodically to determine status and makes appropriate recommendations to management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in Civil or Mechanical/Electrical or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Paid up member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia and registered with EIZ.
- Four (4) years work experiences in a similar role with at least 3 years in senior management role preferably in water and sanitation related activities
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 9th July, 2021. ChWSSC provides equal employment opportunities and those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their applications, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Director-Human Resources & Administration
P.O. Box 410397