- Company: Peace Corps Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
These are fixed short term contract which may occur over a two-year period (Eleven week training are held twice per year)
Technical Trainer for the Community Health Empowerment Project (CHEP) (x2).
Location : Designated training location (Lusaka, Chipembi, or other rural location)
Daily Rate : On/around ZMW 909.00/day
The CHEP Technical Trainer will work in close collaboration with, and under the supervision of, the Pre-Service Training Manager, the CHEP Program and the CHEP Technical Coordinator. The technical trainer is responsible for assisting with the overall implementation and evaluation of the CHEP project technical component of PST. The technical trainer will be expected to provide the Zambian context in all session preparation, and field practical sessions with trainees. The technical trainer will be responsible for fulfilling any tasks deemed essential by the Technical Coordinator and/or the Training Manager.
- A Diploma in health or social science related field of study is required. A Degree in health or social science related field of study will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible work in HIV/AIDS prevention, Maternal Child Health and Nutrition in Zambia is required. Experience in grass roots approaches to sustainable development including training/programing is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in community health, general national health systems, and government health policies, program priorities and regulations in the Zambian context is required. Experience with DMO or RHC including working with SMAGs, and NHCs, Familiarity with support groups and other community based health organization will be an added advantage.
- Understanding the Zambian health care system from the community to national level is required in addition to Project Planning Design and Management of health projects including facilitation skills using adult learning principles.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft word, Excel and Power point
- Level IV (fluent) in English and local languages (speaking, writing and reading) is required.
In order to be selected for any of these positions, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV, copies of educational certifications, and at least three traceable references that clearly document how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted by close of business July 14, 2021. Address applications to:
Only email applications will be accepted and should be addressed to:
Email: ZM01firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email. (E.g. ‘John Doe’, Language and Cross Culture Coordinator)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer