- Company: Mac Staffing Solutions
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Zambia
The Surveyor will be responsible for field data collection for the household survey research project in Chawama and Misisi Constituency. This role will ensure enumeration of household is completed in the area assigned and that data is collected accurately and on time.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
Conduct assigned study procedures and adhere to procedural and international guidelines for research conduct. Activities include:
- Enumerate households by screening and enrolling eligible participants
- Perform participant consenting and related interviews
- Ensure that participant enrollment targets are met, including communication of failure to reach participant targets
- Work in collaboration with other staff members, including Community Liaison Officers, Study Coordinator and Survey Supervisor, to ensure that all study procedures are appropriately completed for each participant.
- Maintain strict participant confidentiality and privacy at all times
- Maintain established Standard Operating Procedures to ensure adherence to field data collection processes
- Be accountable and responsible for study resources and supplies, such as data collection forms, participant files, study equipment and facilities
- Participate in bi-weekly meetings with field staff and deliberate on data collection problems and solutions.
- Maintain appropriate conduct and establish rapport visiting households in the district to recruit participants and conduct study procedures.
- Travel throughout the Chawama and Misisi district with study team, including traveling short distances on foot from house to house, is required.
- Perform daily quality checks of data collected
- Escalate community misconceptions regarding research to Community Supervisor, Survey Supervisors and QA/QC Coordinators
- Participate in the presentation of data to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate with other staff members openly and honestly about study progress, issues, and/or problems that may arise.
- Dress appropriately and maintain a professional, respectful attitude in the community and research facilities.
- Maintain good conduct and discipline towards participants, partners, community and other stake holders as needed.
- Effectively collaborate with participants and community-based groups by maintaining pleasant relationships at all times.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
TITLE – Surveyor
REPORTS TO – Survey Supervisor and Study Coordinator LOCATION – GPZ Central Office
- Be responsive to inquiries from participants’ partners and family members as required. Other
- Perform high quality work at all times.
- Actively participate in problem solving and work collegially as part of the study team
- Attend team meetings, workshops, conferences and other meetings as requested.
- Assist with study translations as requested
- Any other duties or responsibilities found necessary for the successful implementation and functioning of assigned studies.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned study protocols.
- Complete all required training, including routine Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practices training.
- Ability to travel to field daily to participate in all field activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong command of English, Bemba, and Nyanja (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a very high-pressure environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work with deadlines
- Very good interpersonal skills and good team player
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma with 2 years experience in research and/or community education or Grade 12 completion with 5 years of experience
- Prior experience with field data collection activities
- At least three years’ work experience in field or community research with a reputable NGO or research organization
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 30th June, 2021.