- Company: Malmak Sun Power Energy Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Malmak Sun Power Energy Ltd is a Zambian company established in the Republic of Zambia and was registered under the registration of business names Act Nº 16 of 2011 of the laws of Zambia on 20th March 2018; is incorporated as a company registration No: 120200001184. The company’s principal line of business is to supply reliable electricity through the generation of renewable energy.
Therefore, it has become necessary for Malmak S.P.E Ltd to seek and employ creative and experienced candidate to fill in the executive management position below;
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure the project is delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
PA will report to the project manager and the executive management team, monitors the progress of projects, investigates variances, approves expenses, and ensures that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected. They may also assist with the development of the financial aspects of the business case for each proposed project.
Job Responsibilities (PA):
- Prepare and maintaining monthly Project financial reports in line with international best practices, and donor agreements to ensure terms are adhered to.
- Support the Project Managers and Chief Finance Officer in the preparation of Project depletion report and financial forecasts ensuring accuracy in budget monitoring.
- Maintaining all relevant income and expenditure for the project.
- Prepare and monitor monthly Project liquidity requests.
- Responsible for ensuring control, monitoring and execution of all Project financial transactions, budgeting, administration and planning and control.
- Analysing project expenses and providing commentary.
- Responsible for month-end closure processes ensuring that monthly reconciliations of balance sheet and bank accounts are carried out in compliance with standard Financial procedures taking the lead in the reconciliation of receipts, payments, and other relevant control accounts.
- Ensure timely production of Project reports and accounting information.
- Overseeing project records and contracts to ensure terms are adhered to in all Project financial transactions.
- Developing financial systems along with IT support to make processes more user-friendly.
- Review all project invoices and confirm accuracy before processing payments.
- Participate in project asset management ensuring timely recording and monitoring of all Project Fixed Assets.
- Participate in the internal and external audit process.
- Must be highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Must have exceptional planning and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Office, or related programs.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, or other related qualification
- 4+ years Accounting experience of which 2 years in project accounting
- Experience in project cost management is ideal
- Strong reporting skills are a must
Candidates meeting the above qualification should submit a letter of application and a detailed CV to;
The Steering Committee,
02 Uganda Avenue,
Kabwe, ZM 10101
The closing date is 16th July 2021 at 17:00 hours
Applications will remain confidential. An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
“With Effort Comes Success”