- Company: Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chililabombwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450 meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
PROJECT ENGINEER (X3)
This position reports to Project Manager
Core Purpose of the Position
To ensure quality assurance and quality control of processes surrounding the underground contractor.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Provide coaching and support to Underground Drill Operators.
- Ensure that ore ends are drilled according to design and at high standard.
- Ensure that ore ends are supported to a high standard.
- Identify areas of improvement in the Mining Development cycle.
- Assess and report on all aspects of Mine Development standards.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Mining Engineering.
- Underground experience will be added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 4th July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.