- Company: RDG Collective Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
RDG Zambia is looking for a highly motivated Assistant Operations Manager with a passion for Leadership, renewable energy, and rural financial inclusion to join the management team. **Women are strongly encouraged to apply**. The Assistant Operations Manager reports to the CEO. The role requires leading the day-to-day operations of the company. They will join the management team with an ambitious agenda to deliver performance across critical business functions across the following departments: Operations, Technical, Customer service, HR, Legal and IT. The Assistant Manager is expected to improve the efficiency of all the departments under them, to enhance employee satisfaction, asset utilization and efficient operations.
- Leading initiatives which support RDG’s culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and high moral.
- Designing and implementing departmental policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Providing clear guidelines to field officers and coordinating approval of field operation requests.
- Planning and executing day-to-day activities required for efficient and effective operations both at HQ and all RDG distribution hubs.
- Developing effective strategies to improve employee satisfaction and HR policies.
- Guiding and mentoring junior staff and peers to develop and broaden their scope of skills, including providing on job training opportunities.
- Evaluating the performance of assigned employees, delivering positive and/or negative feedback, and addressing any shortcomings.
- Organizing weekly meetings and planning quarterly Team activities, as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring RDG operates within secure and effective contractual terms.
- Developing strategies to improve department metrics and performance.
- Ensuring cost-effective, secure, and on-time delivery of RDG products throughout Zambia.
- Ensuring that all RDG shops and distribution hubs are operating efficiently and securely.
- Ensuring RDG assets are always maintained and operational.
- Managing the daily movements of RDG’s Fleet.
- Managing office and shop supplies.
- Undertaking frequent site visits
- Provide frequent feedback the CEO on areas which require improvement.
- Performing additional duties where needed.
- A degree at a highly regarded University in Commerce, Engineering, Business Administration, Law, or other relevant qualification.
- A master degree in any of the fields above is an added advantage
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years’ experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a senior management role with exposure to HR, Legal and customer service.
- Strong Leadership reflected by daily examples of leading by example.
- Consistently going above and beyond what is expected.
- First in, last out personality.
- Taking ownership of Departmental targets and performance.
- Driven to improve personal and Team performance.
- Critical thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and resourceful in finding solutions even in the most challenging situations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the quality of being able to work independently and demonstrating innovative thinking, problem-solving skills, and presence of mind.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distil information and effectively communicate to different audiences to get results.
- Passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and improving livelihoods.
- Driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities.
- Capable of giving team members both positive feedback and constructive criticism.