- Company: Mothers2mothers
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chipata
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Mothers2mothers Zambia just signed a project partnership with UNICEF for Strengthening the HIV response and Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and their infants in Kabwe and Chipata Districts of Eastern and Central Provinces of Zambia. The project sites include Ngungu in Kabwe District; Walela Health Centre, Kapata Urban Health Centre, Namseche Rural Health Centre and Mchini Health Centre in Chipata District of Zambia.
Mothers2mothers is, therefore, seeking to recruit 6 and 26 mentor mothers for Kabwe and Chipata District respectively. The role of a Facility/Community Mentor Mother is to provide peer education and psychosocial support to pregnant women, mothers and their families to prevent HIV transmission to babies, and liaise with facility staff to reinforce key PMTCT/MNCH/nutrition/family planning messaging and service uptake. Mentor Mothers support women and their families to know their HIV status, link to ART services and remain in care and adherent to ART. A Mentor Mother provides these services to PMTCT program clients by drawing on her personal experience as an HIV-positive woman and her program training, with guidance from her supervisors and the health care team.
Qualifications and General requirements:
- Zambia Grade 12 certificate of education, those with tertiary education will have an added advantage
- Training in Counselling skills will be an added advantage
- Living positively with HIV positive (HIV+) status
- Should be female aged between 18-30 years
- Live within the Health Centre, catchment area
- First-hand experience of PMTCT, preferably not more than 2 years ago
- If they have a child, the child should not be less than 6 months
- Disclosure of HIV status to at least one person
- Ability to read and write in English
- Conversant with the local language
All applications must be addressed to:
The facility in-charge and applications dropped in a box provided at the health facility or send via email to the address below: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0764169152.
Note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis.