- Company: Living Water International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Living Water International (LWI) is a global Non-Governmental Organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provides safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Country Office for the position of Program Officer to be based in Lusaka:
Position Title: PROGRAM OFFICER
Reporting to: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Country Director, the Program Officer plays an important role in leading the processes in grant acquisition, grant concept notes and proposal writing, and fundraising with different donors. The Role provides Support in the implementation of a partnership strategy to ensure the strategy remains in line with the LWIZ goals and objectives. The Program Officer position works closely with the Country Director to contribute to the development of programs in the country, along with the improvement of their management, monitoring and reporting.
- Maintain a database of all LWIZ donors
- Supporting the implementation of a partnership strategy and ensure it is in line with the LWIZ goals and objectives.
- Provide secretarial support for all program and donor meetings.
- Promote strategic relationships with donors, within Zambia and the world at large who have interest in the WASH sector.
- Identify new donors, establish and maintain good relationships with relevant counterparts/departments of the governments across Zambia.
- Develop relationships with locally-represented multi/bi-lateral donors, foundations, international and national NGOs, CBOs and other civil society organizations.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities through advance intelligence gathering, strengthened partner relationships, and other available resources and advise the country office management team on fundraising strategies.
- Manage pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning, teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design of in country proposals prior to the solicitation.
- Responsible for establishing, managing and updating the Country funding pipeline.
Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation for LWIZ
- Ensure that donor requirements and project targets are met during program implementation.
- Assist in coordinating the overall reporting of donor funded projects, ensuring that reporting requirements are met
- Coordinate with program/project managers and sector specialists in the planning and undertaking of field assessments and technical evaluations of current and ongoing projects
- Participate in the design and implementation of baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term evaluations of WPAs, external Evaluations of WPAs and impact evaluations as necessary
- Support the development and implementation of country office annual operational plans and budgeting, to ensure project targets are met within the stipulated time frame and project delivery adheres to donor requirements.
- Consolidate departmental monthly reports for all five departments into country progress indicator and donor reports, providing accurate information to the regional and global offices as well as donors.
- Support senior management to maintain cordial relationships with the Board of Directors by writing company management reports for submission to the board, coordinating and planning board meetings and acting as rapporteur during board meetings.
- Act as public relations liaison by preparing regular high quality communication and audience tailored correspondence to line ministries, donors, board members, regional and global offices through writing letters, minutes, program summaries, most significant change stories and reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Monitoring and evaluation or any other relevant social sciences.
- Five years’ work experience in a program /development related environment
Competencies and other Skills
- Experience in program design, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Excellent command and communication in English; (verbal and writing)
- Knowledge of and working experience with Ms Word and Excel systems. SPSS an added advantage.
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Proven skills in managing multiple roles and tasks simultaneously and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Able and willing to travel to international locations that at times may have limited amenities
- Proficient in report writing.
The Human Resources Manager
Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to Zambia.Jobs@water.cc or hand delivered to Living Water International Offices situated at Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane, Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 9th July, 2021 at 17: 00 hours, Zambian time.
- LWI in Zambia is an equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted, if you do not get contacted by 29th July, 2021, consider your application unsuccessful.
- You are free to visit the website: http//www.water.cc for more information about the activities of Living Water International.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.