- Company: KVS Recruitment & Magt Consultants
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Savenda General Insurance (SGI) Limited, a member of the Savenda Group, is a locally owned Zambian Company and licensed by the Pensions and Insurance Authority to provide General Insurance Services in Zambia with a vision to set up subsidiaries in selected countries in the COMESA region.
SGI wishes to recruit a well experienced and competent Chief Operating Officer who will report to the Managing Director and shall be based in Lusaka.
To set and drive strategic direction and provide executive leadership and management to the Savenda General Insurance (SGI) Operations, focusing on ensuring the department’s performance meets or exceeds customer expectations while concurrently driving operational efficiencies. To develop and implement processes and technology solutions necessary to achieve the organization’s business goals and objectives.
- Leading and executing the operational strategy of the SGI business by establishing and enforcing organizational goals, policies and operating procedures.
- In liaison with the Underwriting Manager, ensure that the underwriting policies reflect the Company’s strategic risk management framework and are observed at all times. Ensure risk control mechanisms are in place.
- In liaison with the Claims Manager, ensure that the claims policies reflect the company’s strategic risk management framework and are observed at all times. Ensure risk control mechanisms are in place
- Defines the service operations strategy to ensure the business provides world-class service to all customer segments.
- Ensure operational efficiency in claims, underwriting, reinsurance and customer service departments in accordance with established SLAs.
- Defines annual operating budget for Operations and ensures unit operates at or below budget.
- Manage key relationships with clients, intermediaries and service providers in the market by ensuring that service to customers and producers meets their expectations.
- Carry out market intelligence to ensure the company is in tandem with industry trends and adopts pricing mechanisms that ensure profitability across all products.
- Optimizing the use of technology, people, and defined processes to achieve an optimum competitive positioning and standardize operations and reduce turn-around time on key business processes. in the business unit.
- Ensure adherence of all regulatory requirements with regards to reinsurance, claims and technical acceptance of risks.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Grade twelve certificate with credit in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Insurance or a business related filed.
- Professional qualification in Insurance e.g. ACII.
- Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
- 10 years’ or above experience in the insurance industry Four (4) of which must be in a senior management position.
- Extensive experience in ensuring operational risks are identified and managed.
- Significant experience in process mapping and restructuring to obtain optimal operations with a focus on cost containment and fraud management.
- A deep understanding of leveraging technology and processes to standardize operations, reducing turn-around times on all key business processes.
- A demonstrated track record in optimising operations to enhance the overall customer experience at all customer contact pointsOperations Management
- Leadership, impact and influence
- Internal and external customer focus