- Company: Media 365 Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Location: Lusaka, with occasional travel as required
Contract type: Two Year Fixed-term
Mid-senior level (depending on experience)
Media 365: Ideas that Inform, Educate and Inspire
Who are we?
Media 365 is a 100% female owned, award-winning creative consultancy agency. Based in Lusaka, Zambia, we work with local and global clients in the public, private and non-profit sectors since 2008. We design and implement projects and campaigns using a design process that creates impact.
We are looking for an experienced and diligent Finance Manager experienced in handling a wide range of financial tasks and able to work independently with little to no supervision. A successful Finance Manager will be well organized, meticulous and be a proactive problem solver.
What will you do?
The Finance Manager plans, organizes and directs the finance procedures and tasks of Media 365 and our clients’ project in order to aid in managerial planning and commercial decision making by providing appropriate financial information and undertaking related finance tasks.
This role is extremely important in that it holds the finance department together and hence requires extreme organisation and meticulous attention to detail. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, accounting, budgeting, financial planning and reporting, debt management, cash management, procurement and supplier management, liability insurance, tax payments and claims, payroll, and customer service.
Organisational environment and office culture
The Finance Manager works across financial and project management. The majority of the work is office based and will require most time to be spent in front of the computer. Occasionally out of the office trips will be required.
Media 365 is an expanding/dynamic organisation. It has a competitive environment, with multi-skilled people thus encouraging personal development.
What do you need to demonstrate?
- Professional accounting qualification (CIMA or ACCA)
- At least 5 years previous experience in a finance role
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of tax requirements in Zambia
- Knowledge of other personnel statutory requirements in Zambia (e.g. NAPSA, Workers Compensation, Immigration)
- Knowledge of business requirements in Zambia (permits etc.)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) & Internet Knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting package such as Pastel
- High proficiency in Google packages (G-Suite)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Previous experience in private sector
- Previous experience in project financial management and budgeting
- Previous experience in financial management for grants of donor related projects (e.g. USAID funded)
- Articulate, motivated and ambitious about our and our client’s goals
- Highly organized and able to multi-task whilst maintaining clear and proactive flow of communication and ownership of tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and external audiences;
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strategic and a good planner
- Ability to work in and manage teams
- High levels of ethics, honesty and integrity
To apply please complete the application form by using this link demonstrating your suitability for the position by Friday 16th July, 2021
Please note only applications sent via the application form will be reviewed. CVs and cover letters are not accepted. Interviews will be conducted between 26th July to August 6th. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified. For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!