- Company: TopFloor Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Our client, a Mineral Equipment Technology Innovation company is looking to hire a Customer Support Technician – Central Africa Region.
- Assembly and commissioning of the Company’s range of relining technologies and associated products and options.
- Commissioning, repair, maintenance, training and monitoring of equipment at mine sites in Central Africa.
- Sales support of mill relining technologies and associated products and options.
- Understanding of and compliance with Workplace Health, Safety & Environment Policies
- Liaise with Service Superintendent, Customer Support Coordinator, Management Team and all other staff.
- Liaise with all suppliers, persons or companies that the Company is associated with from time to time.
- Work with the Service Superintendent to build a strong competency in, and ability to adapt to, a range of breakdown situations that will be encountered when servicing or chaperoning the Company’s range of supplied equipment.
Spare Parts Sales and Support for existing customers
- Work with the Service Superintendent to build a strong competency in, and ability to adapt to, a range of breakdown situations that will be encountered when servicing or chaperoning RME’s range of supplied equipment.
- In conjunction with the Service Superintendent, respond to existing customer requests for the sale of spare parts.
- In conjunction with the Service Superintendent, coordinate with the Company the supply and delivery of these spare parts.
- At the direction of the Service Superintendent provide some sales support to the Company’s customer base.
Servicing of the Company’s Mill Relining Technologies
- The commissioning, repair, maintenance and monitoring of the Company suite of technologies at mine sites.
- Training of mine site personnel in the effective utilisation of the Company’s suite of technologies.
- Fault finding skills coupled with the ability to efficiently resolve problems in a manner appropriate to the particular situation, is a large part of this role.
- Ensure all issued Technical Bulletins have been implemented, or coordinate information to site ensure the necessary follow up is performed.
- Complete service module information update and check (hours of operation, hammer fires, scheduling of next service).
- Ensure spare parts required on site for upcoming trips are in progress and on time. Work with warehouse dispatch staff to expedite if required.
- While on site, proactively ensure the customer’s needs are met.
- Provide assistance to the customer warehouse function to audit/identify spares stock at the site warehouse if requested by the customer.
- Working as an integral part of the Company’s Services & Site Maintenance team in a professional, proactive manner so as to ensure feedback and follow up to the customer occurs in a timely manner.
- Ensure the timely completion of timesheets, expenses and other administrative paperwork.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a qualification in Mechanics, Crane Technician, Diesel Technician or similar trade.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or a mining industry related discipline would be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 2 years in a similar role, preferably in a mining or export related field.
- Must have knowledge of and a wide range of contacts within the hard rock mining industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with the maintenance programs of grinding mills, and in particular relining is an added advantage.
- Must have well developed computer skills specifically in relation to the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software and email.
- Must have well developed communication skills and presentation to represent the Company at various levels at mine sites and other organisations as required.
- Must have effective time management to ensure sufficient and effective customer contact.
- Should have an attention to detail with respect to paperwork processing.
- Should have the ability to undergo and satisfy all site requirements with respect to health/medical requirements and the provision of personal records as required by individual customer sites.
- Must be in possession of a valid “C1” or “TE” Class Driver’s License.
- Possession (or ability to possess) of an unrestricted, international Driver’s License is an added advantage.
Applicants should send their resumes to email@example.com with the job title as the email subject before 25th September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.