- Company: Zambia Sugar
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
CLINICAL OFFICER – (2 POSITIONS, FRONT LINE MANAGEMENT) – HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The position reports to the Senior Clinical Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing diagnosis, treatment, Health Education and counselling to company employees and their dependants.
- Make decisions on clinical matters in conjunction with standby officers / doctors.
- Receive ambulance calls and messages during the shift.
- Control the ambulance movements.
- Prepare daily shift reports.
- Conduct procedures during shift / day.
- Attend to medical and surgical emergencies.
- Review and monitor patients in the wards.
- Liaise with security in case of death in the clinic (BID /In patient).
- Conduct medical exams on all temporal, seasonal and permanent workers as assigned by superior.
- Examine of employees working in hazardous areas in conjunction with the Occupational Health Nurse.
- Submit reports to the superiors on those found fit and referring all found unfit.
- Daily tallying of data using tally sheets.
- Gather and compile information / inputs from OPD daily attendance sheets, registers, OPD and other clinics eg MCH clinics.
- Submit compiled data on monthly, quarterly and annual basis to superior.
- Diagnose and treat diseases among company employees & their families.
- Give health education to patients & care givers.
- Carry out DCT.
- Make referrals to the wellness clinic.
- Initiate clients on ART.
- Liaise with Doctors on difficult cases.
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- Degree in Clinical Medicine will be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Valid practicing licence from the Health Professions Council of Zambia.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 8 October, 2021. Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.