- Company: WVI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based organization dealing with relief aid, development, and advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Donor Liaison Officer II
Reporting to: Resource Acquisition & Communications Director
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position:
Support the World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Office in the servicing of WVUS Donors and partners who primarily support major fundraising campaigns and WVUS channels. The Donor Liaison Officer (DLO) will proactively support the WVZ Donor Liaison Managers leading the engagement with and services for WVUS. The DLO will collaborate with appropriate WVUS Departments (Marketing and Donor Services Team: Vision Trip & Donor Liaison Program) and the appropriate National Office Departments (primarily the National Director, Senior Leadership Team, Area Programme Managers, Sector Directors/Technical Programme Managers, Finance and Supply Chain) to enhance the Donor and Partner experience. The expected results will be increased financial support of Field Office (FO) programs; increased awareness of, and advocacy for the National Office programs and strategy by WVUS donors and partners; as well as mutual transformation (donors and beneficiaries, as well as WVUS and FO staff).
- Keeping the WVUS Promise to Donors by researching, planning, and providing high-quality deliverables that demonstrate program impact at the individual beneficiary level (such as beneficiary impact stories, photos, and video footage) for projects funded by WVUS donors and partners. These need to tell the story of Transformational Development in a way that is understandable to the US donor and helps move their heart towards deeper involvement and commitment to funding WV ministry. These “deliverables” will be determined by WVUS and communicated by the WVUS Donor Liaison Manager (DLM). The WVUS DLM will collaborate with the FO DLM coordinator and Resource Acquisition & Communication Director to ensure these deliverables are clearly understood and provided by clearly defined due dates.
- Multiple meetings (various technologies with WVUS Staff to fully understand the story and resource objectives.
- Meet, plan and collaborate with NO program staff to identify effective impact ideas and recommendations.
- Visit multiple ADPs to meet staff and beneficiaries.
- Research and interview beneficiaries.
- Prepare an appropriate and strategic approach to resource gathering. This includes, but is not limited to, accommodations, meals, and transportation.
- Deliver and/or create presentations using stories, videos, and photos.
- Undergo extensive training by WVUS to ensure understanding of the type and style of deliverables that are expected. These deliverables are unique to “Donor Campaigns” and are different than other similar categories of deliverables requested by other WVUS departments
- Coordinate and decide on roles on achieving deliverables as a Donor Liaison team, consisting of the WVUS DLM and the FO DLMs.
- Hosting Donors virtually or visiting the FO on Virtual Vision Trips and Vision Trips in coordination with WVUS DLM and WVZ DLMs. Establish full support of all relevant FO departments (including ND, Senior Leadership, Program and Sector staff, Sponsorship, Operations, and Guest Relations) to ensure the success of US donor Vision Trips and virtual calls. This includes understanding the WVUS fundraising staff objectives for the trip, and the ability to plan strategically with WVUS and the NO to reach these objectives. At a minimum this will involve:
- Multiple meetings (various technologies) with WVUS Staff – including the fundraising staff – to fully understand the trip objectives.
- Visiting the Area Programmes before a trip to meet staff and beneficiaries to prepare for an agenda that “tells the WV story of need, WV intervention, and impact on lives” and meets the trip objectives.
- Plan an agenda that will transform the mind and the hearts of the donors.
- Engage in conversations and interactions directly with donors.
- Preparing appropriate and strategic welcome packets for donors. These welcome packets should be customized for each Vision Trip.
- Ensure proper logistics are in place well before the planned Vision Trip dates. This includes, but is not limited to, accommodations, meals, transportation, and security,
- Meeting with the WVUS trip host (fundraiser) daily during the trip to debrief and plan the next day.
- Debriefing with Vision Trip participants on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all financial arrangements for the trip (prior, during, and following) are properly handled and reconciled.
- Ensure WVUS donors and partners to specific fundraising campaigns receive optimal service from all necessary FO departments, which may including the National Director, Senior Leadership Team, Sector Leaders, Area Programme Managers, Operations, Sponsorship, Communications, Finance, and others.
- Share learning with WVZ staff hosting non-WVUS Donors virtually or visiting the FO on Virtual Vision Trips and Vision Trips. Support aspects of hosting and coordination of non WVUS donors on trips as needed and in agreement with the WVUS DRM.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree required with preference in communications, community development, or related field of study required
- Skilled in personal computing, email, and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and other programs for uploading and downloading information
- Significant experience with still photography, videography, video editing, and the story writing style of communication.
- Understanding of transformational/community development
- Understanding of transformational development and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by donors – required
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles required
- Experience with personal computing, email, and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) required
- Experience hosting in-person and virtually or working with US groups of donors or visitors highly preferred
- Experience with non-government organizations preferred
- English writing experience with a news agency, marketing organization, NGO, or International organization required
- Strong Technical experience with video, editing, and still photography required
- High level of cross-cultural interpersonal skill, personal maturity, and proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders required
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at the same time preferred
- Must be available for significant travel time to projects
- Frequent travel within Zambia, up to 50%
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and local national language.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WVI.org/jobs/zambia/communications/donor-liaison-officer-ii/17804″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th October, 2021