- Company: Unicef
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Unicef works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Equality
The Unicef Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of Chief Health & HIV/AIDS, the incumbent will provide technical assistance to Ministry of Health (MoH) Expanded Programme on Immunisation (EPI) to strengthen the end-to-end stock management with timely and equitable distribution of Covid-19 and routine vaccines; assist Zambia MoH/EPI Team and EPI Technical Working Group (TWG) to make data-driven decisions and to triangulate data sources; enhance existing monitoring and vaccine accountability mechanisms; track vaccine transportation and temperature; assist the expansion of vaccine verification systems at subnational levels and deploy field-tested, cost-effective, and human-cantered stock monitoring tools to automate vaccine inventories at all levels.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Immunisation supplies and logistics forecasting, planning and development
2. Immunisation Supply Chain (iSC) management governance and coordination
3. Vaccines accountability and logistical stock management including in-country distribution
4. Immunisation supply chain (iSC) management monitoring and reporting
5. Collaboration with programme and implementing partners
6. Technical and advisory support to government/national system
Detailed Job Description can be viewed here:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in public health, epidemiology, supply chain management, procurement, logistics, economics, international development studies, medicine, or other quantitative degree in the relevant field
- At least (5) years of experience in international public health programme management including at least three (3) years in immunization, with experience in low- and middle-income countries, preferably in the areas of:
- Health systems strengthening
- Logistics management systems
- Supply chain bottleneck and root cause analysis
- Familiarity with inventory policies, allocation, ordering and distribution strategies and other supply chain operations
- Assessing and measuring supply chain performance
- Experience interfacing with national ministries of health an advantage.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience in strategic negotiations and planning in multi-stakeholder settings
- Experience in writing complex strategic proposals, developing multi-year operational plans
- Experience in training, planning and delivery of technical assistance
- Effective presenter including ability to adapt the message and visual aids for multiple audiences to deliver concise, impactful presentations
- Knowledge of supply chain management and operations
- Excellent analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven track record in interfacing with national ministries of health a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Unicef’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this position are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships (Level 2)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (Level 2)
- Drive to achieve results for impact (Level 2)
- Innovates and embraces change (Level 2)
- Thinks and acts strategically (Level 2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (Level 2)
- Works collaboratively with others (Level 2)
- Nurtures, leads, and manages people (Level 1)
View our competency framework at:
Unicef is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Unicef has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and Unicef, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. Unicef also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with Unicef and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/544884″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th October, 2021