- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose
To support financial decision-making by collecting, analyzing, investigating and reporting financial data, tracking costs back to underlying activities, and designing cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of financial and costing information to management.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Be responsible for maintaining the company’s ledger and accounting records as required by the Zambian laws and company policies.
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts and perform monthly reviews of actual performance against the budgets and forecasts.
- Investigate cost variances to determine the causes and implement corrective action.
- Prepare monthly statements by collating financial data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information and trends.
- Work closely with Section Leads and Head of Department (HOD) in the budgeting and cost review processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective use of the Company’s resources.
- Prepare quarterly and annual statements.
- Comply with tax return requirements and other statutory obligations required by the Zambian laws;
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Update job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices.
- Design and implement internal controls to safeguard the company’s assets and maintain accurate accounting records.
- Be the point of contact for financial reviews and audits by the company’s internal and external auditors.
- Provide advice to internal stakeholders on financial and costings matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
- Knowledge of existing laws and regulations the company must comply with.
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Budgeting and forecasting skills
- Effective communication skills
- Accounting and Auditing skills
- Data manipulation skills (e.g. conversant with MS Excel)
Key Job Attributes
- High levels of integrity and ethics
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver results.
- Ability to work as part of a larger team.
- Must exhibit leadership qualities.
Experience & Qualifications required to perform in this job
- At least 3 years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Has worked with an accounting system or ERP (e.g. Pronto)
- Experienced in working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field and Full or Level 2 professional accountancy qualification (e.g. CA Zambia, ACCA, ZICA etc.)
Closing Date : 28th October , 2021.