- Company: DAPP
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Accounts Clerks (4) – Western Province
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (CDC, USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and others) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position(s) of Accounts Clerks, for the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Project funded by CDC tenable in Western Province.
Job summary/ responsibilities:
- Review and ensure prompt retirement of receipts from the projects
- Alert superiors and Finance and Administration team of any challenges from, or with the Projects.
- Ensure that monthly reports are reviewed for data quality; and work directly and promptly with the Project leaders to correct any inaccuracies.
- Analyse and balance/creditors balances on the Trial Balance and make sure it is signed out by the respective Accountant in the Project to which the amount is owed to, or by.
- Assist the Project Accountant and Project Officers in collecting outstanding accounts receivables.
- Process and review receipts and travel expense reports related to the Project.
- Work on other Projects as assigned in order to broaden scope and appreciation of what, and how other projects are undertaken.
- Provide year-end support of external auditor’s requirements, which may include vouching and reconcilement.
- Basic qualification in accounting
- One year experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the Pastel Accounting, or similar financial accounting package is an added advantage
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
Qualified persons should submit a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), by email to:
Human Resources, DAPP in Zambia Headquarters, 12 Luneta Road, Northrise, Ndola
- Copies of certificates and other credentials must not be submitted at this stage.
- The position title must be indicated in the subject area of the email.
- The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and the applicants full names must be used as the file name for the document. Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
- The closing date for receiving applications shall be 22nd October, 2021.
DAPP is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.