- Company: Lusaka Telecom Solutions
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
The primary responsibilities of the Technician-‐Splicer will be to splice fiber optic cables in both outdoor and indoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams, maintain control of activities surrounding that are assigned on work site(s), taking and maintaining accurate splicing and field notes, support project timelines, and inspecting, designing and providing accurate staking sheets for projects. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned .
- Perform cable installation, construction, maintenance and repair works.
- Possess knowledge in all types of splicing activity, cable and safety test equipment and use of all types of cable construction equipment.
- Locate and repair cables faults to maintain existing cable network without causing signal failure interruptions.
- Validate and test end-to-end service provisioning for the cable network.
- Confirm accurate cable terminations on cross connect, patch panels, hubs and routers.
- Review site surveys, condition discrepancy reports, design drawings, technical manuals for cable installation feasibility.
- Understand construction prints and splice schematics.
- Maintain project tracing information such as production sheets, time sheets, and customer required paperwork.
- Maintain safe and secure work environment by complying with Government standards and legal regulations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Passion for accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone.
- Manage pole climbing, working at heights, handling ladders, and pushing, pulling and bending equipment.
- Must update job knowledge by participating in education opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational school training or apprenticeship preferred.
- On-the-job training offered.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to clearly see color and shading in plans and materials.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 pounds.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle up to four hours to travel to and from job sites.
- Must be able to work in different temperatures and changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must have vision to allow differences in colors, shades and brightness.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business .
Applicants can submit their Curriculum Vitae through the under listed email address provided firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 29th October 2021.