- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose
To ensure that all personnel carry out their duties in compliance with international safety standards as well as the company’s policies and procedures.
Specific Job Responsibility
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Ensure that subordinates act in accordance with, promote and contribute to the progression / development of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Oversee the health and safety of personnel at the workplace
- Evaluate the KML’s Occupational Health and Safety Management System and makes sure that all personnel understand the policies and regulations
- Communicate and implement new safety systems, procedures, processes and policies, as required.
- Working closely with supervisors, coordinators, superintendents, managers, and employees to develop policies that ensure the safety of workers at all times.
- Initiate the Investigation of high potential incidents / accidents on-site.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
- Must maintain an exceptionally high standard of safety
- Must have coordinating abilities that are of the highest standards
- Prepare quality safety reports for management.
- Must be hard working
- Must be persuasive but courteous
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication skills to be able to clearly pass information concerning safety precautions to the work force of the company
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must be a proven leader. That is to say that he/she must be able to display good leadership skills
- Must be observant and proactive at all times when it comes to issues related to workplace safety
- Must be willing and able to work as part of a team or even lead a team if the need arises
- Ensuring that all record keeping, and reporting is done to an appropriate standard through INX Incontrol in the area of operation
Key Job Attributes
- Plan and implement safety and Safety compliance training
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by the Manager/Superintendent
- Lead safety personnel teams and assess project activities
Experience Required to Perform in This Job
- At least 5 years’ experience in related field
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills
- Must be knowledgeable about legislation governing health and safety
- Bachelors’ Degree in Safety, Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or any technical training in mining-related field
- Must hold a valid drivers’ licence
- Must have a certificate in First Aid Treatment
Closing Date : 5th November, 2021.