- Company: WVI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Choma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Child Protection Officer
Reporting to: Area Programme Manager
Location: Twachiyanda, Choma
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent will be responsible for to facilitating community engagement, build and strengthen local partnerships, enhance community and partner capacity, and strengthen community-led initiatives/innovations to improve and sustain the well-being of children and families in relation to Child Protection, Spiritual Nurture, and Sponsorship.
Program Development and Implementation
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of child protection activities using recommended models, techniques, standards and tools to achieve output targets within scope, time, and budget
- Facilitate the implementation of AP-level Child Safe Organization (CSO) standards
- Work with staff in other technical programs at Area Programme level to implement child protection activities for improved integrated implementation for impact and scale.
- Engage and coordinate with other Technical Programmes to create integration opportunities for child participation and achievement of Sponsorship Business Processes within the TPs that enhance the development of children’s life skills. E.g. Christmas Cards, APRs, Community and child videos
Local Partnering and Networking
- Work closely with the community and district-level partners such as the church and civil society organizations to mobilize community for local partnership and ownership, and participation in the implementation of child protection activities to achieve sustainability of technical programme interventions.
- Facilitate building capacity of CDW’s and Volunteers for effective roll out and activity implementation for child protection.
- Facilitate training in child protection for community partners and other relevant stakeholders to ensure child protection activities are effectively implemented.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- In collaboration with DME specialist, build capacity for CDW’s and volunteers in child protection data collection, interpretation and utilization.
- Facilitate joint technical monitoring and reporting of the project for effective implementation and quality control.
- Write and timely submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for improved technical programme decision making.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Agricultural Sciences, agribusiness, Enterprise Development, with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences, agribusiness, Enterprise Development, Business Management or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 9 November 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|
WVI.org/jobs/zambia/child-development/child-protection-officer/18064″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9th November , 2021.