- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
To Optimize Maintenance Strategies by creating business cases based on Reliability Centered Maintenance Metrics.
- Works with Section Head to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- The Reliability Engineer is responsible for adhering to the Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
- Propose mitigation, e.g. requirements, design changes, detection logic, maintenance, training, by which the risks may be lowered and controlled for at an acceptable level
- Perform predictive and preventive maintenance: reliability centered maintenance (RCM) analysis
- Monitor the reliability of heavy equipment and implement and manage Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) on site. This includes, Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), condition monitoring, Cost analysis and reliability breakdown on all maintenance components.
- Mentor junior mechanics in understanding advanced function of predictive maintenance, RCFA and Mentoring and development of reliability culture and best practices and techniques;
- Conduct fault finding investigations and prepare closure report on all components on heavy equipment
- Ensure that Maintenance data are captured and stored for future analysis and liaise with other technical and operations department as required;
- Lead, participate in, and advocate Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) application including interpretation of CBM data;
- Coordinate, interpret, report and communicate failure analyses through various data sources;
- Track and report reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Works with Optimization to perform analyses of assets including:
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Remaining useful life
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
- Grade twelve (12) school certificate or equivalent; and Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience with programming languages such as python, R, SQL and DAX
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Extensive knowledge in ERP systems such as Pronto or SAP
- A good understanding of Conditional Monitoring techniques, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Failure Modes/ Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in maintenance/reliability with a proven track record of open pit, truck and shovel operations.
- Previous experience as reliability engineer would be advantageous.
- Valid Driver’s License
- EIZ Membership at Associate or Professional level
- ERB Membership
Closing Date : 10th November , 2021.