- Company: Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
POSITIION: INVENTORY CONTROLLER -1 VACANCY
JOB INTENT: To control the Parts Inventory to ensure that adequate inventory of all stock items is maintained, and process all transactions between the Warehouse, the Workshop, as well as inter-branch, whilst also ensuring that items are not overstocked, and to update the systems in line with Hitachi standards for achievement of Company goals.
REPORTS TO: The Parts Supervisor
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term – 2 Years
Key Job Responsibilities
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Maintain records of all components in stock and prepare regular and adhoc reports on Warehouse inventories and other related data for management use. Compile analytical reports highlighting areas in Inventories requiring management action.
- Ensure no unrecorded components are found at stock take.
- Raise authorized purchase orders, receive shipments promptly and send discrepancy report to HCAF within 10 days of shipment receipt.
- Complete binning of all items promptly so that Quarantine Warehouse report is current at all times and to ensure that no items in quarantine warehouse exceed 45 days in age.
- Ensure weekly perpetual (cycle) stock counts are done, reconciled, and approved by Reman/Parts Manager for at least 50 stock items per week.
- Update Received parts in dynamics and also record and update the stock record accordingly.
- Take note of any discrepancies in the quantity and quality of parts received.
- Capture all client requests on system and provide stock as per request.
- Ensure the client and the Storeperson issuing the stock sign the dispatch note.
- Capture all items that are returned to the warehouse on the system, label and store in the correct place.
- Maintain bin locations, report any changes to the Parts Supervisor so that the system can be updated.
- Participate in cycle counts and stock counts.
- Expedite unavailable parts and back ordered parts.
- Carries out a review of slow moving and inactive stocks in order to identify possible redundant and obsolete stocks for eventual disposal according to company policy.
- Adhere to safety rules at all times and maintain good housekeeping.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Parts Controlling and Warehousing in a related industry.
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Excel and MS Word) and able to use MS Dynamics AX
- Good communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and forklift license
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application in a single document labeled “Inventory Controller – Applicants Full Name” to email@example.com, or send your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and a cover letter to;
The Human Resource Manager,
KK International Airport road plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is Thursday, 4th November, 2021.