- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia – First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
The Senior Specialist, Training QA/QC will support and promote the mission of the organization by facilitating all training and ongoing support from a QA/QC perspective. The role will plan, direct and coordinate quality assurance activities and/or quality controls to all training and development activities.
- Take a leadership role in the continuous evaluation and improvement of training methods, staying abreast of innovations in training techniques and encouraging a learning and quality improvement culture.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure a consistent standard of quality assurance.
- Reviews the department’s online training, tracks training completion, provides requested data and data analysis for management.
- Conducting QA/QC case review audits.
- Provide ongoing coaching to training staff on industry best practices
- Collaborates with IT to ensure quality experiences for end users and ensures documentation requirements are up to date.
- Provides supervision as needed to assigned QA/QC and Training department staff.
- Ensures performance and behaviours support the department’s performance quality improvement (PQI) goals and objectives.
- Ensure QA/QC deliverables are on track while keeping stakeholders informed.
- Ensure that training quality assurance strategies are effectively and efficiently implemented and in line with the organisational goals.
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Assessing customer/stakeholder requirements and ensuring that these are met.
- Setting vendor service standards.
- Specifying quality requirements of training materials with training service providers/vendors
- Encouraging change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Carrying out and monitoring testing and inspection of training materials to ensure the finished product meets quality standards.
- Ensuring that training processes comply with standards at both national and international level.
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards and systems.
- Work in close harmony with the department’s leadership, accepting direction and implementing policies and procedures reflective of this direction.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times, ensuring employees abide by safety practices; taking action when employees put themselves or others at risk.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and legal mandates.
- Ensure performance and behaviours support the department’s performance quality improvement (PQI) goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in social science, business, technical or any related field
- TEVETA certification for training methodology
- Master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage
Specific Job Competencies
- Quality assurance/quality control
- Technical and skills training knowledge
- Educational technology skills (LMS, content creation, e-learning etc.)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and report writing skills
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English
- Administration and management skills
- Basic health and safety knowledge
Key Job Attributes
- Must be able to consistently meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to motivate team members in achieving goals and objectives
- Must be detail oriented and independent
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity and creativity
- Unquestionable integrity
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy work relationships
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th January , 2022.