- Company: Energy Regulation Board (ERB)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
The Energy Regulation Board (ERB) is a Statutory Body established by the Energy Regulation Act No. 12 of 2019 to regulate the energy sector in Zambia. Its key functions include licensing enterprises, setting prices for energy products and services, monitoring the quality of energy products and services and handling complaints from energy consumers.
The ERB seeks to engage suitably qualified persons under its Internship program to fill the position of Intern – Financial/Economic Analysts (x2).
- To help the successful candidates increase knowledge and skills through practical work experience in energy regulation.
- To provide administrative support to the Economic Regulation Department in the day to day operations.
- Analyse business plans and economic /financial statements of licensed undertaking.
- Collect and analyse operational performance information from undertakings based on standard reporting formats.
- Carry out financial and economic analysis of project proposals in the energy sector submitted to the board and advice on their viability.
- Research and analyse consumer complaints regarding tariffs and other service charges in the energy sector and render advice.
- Carry out economical/financial appraisals of proposed investment in the energy sector and decide on their viability at micro and macroeconomic levels.
- Participate in preparing periodic performance reports of undertakings in the energy sector
- Develop reporting formats for monitoring performance of undertakings.
- Participates in periodic auditing of undertakings.
- Perform any other duty as may be required by the supervisor from time to time.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Proficiency in advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Good numeracy and analytical skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to perform data entry tasks .
- Must be conversant with Microsoft packages
- Competence to perform economic/financial analysis
- Good report writing skills.
- Must be a Zambian citizen
- Must have a Grade 12 certificate with University entrance passes
- Must have a Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, CIMA, ACCA, CFA or Equivalent
- Applicants should have graduated not more than three (3) years ago
Applicants must submit hard copies of application letter, current Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of relevant academic and professional qualifications no later than 20th May, 2022 addressed to:
The Acting Director General
Energy Regulation Board
Plot No. 9330, Danny Pule Road
P.O. Box 37631
Submissions by email will NOT be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.