- Company: Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Reports to the Strategic Information Manager. The incumbent works in the CIDRZ Strategic Information Department and collaborates with Ministry of health ICT department and implementing partner domain experts.specifically supporting the ARPA Data Modernization and other projects as assigned. S/he provides technical assistance and expertise in gathering analysis leading to systems design and implementation for CIDRZ supported Programmes. Leads report writing and information dissemination activities.
- Responsible for the conception, design, development, and deployment of data architecture and data models.
- Provides leadership for the architectural direction, and consultation to MOH and Implementing partner (IP) technical teams.
- Works in collaboration with various MOH and IP units (BI, Product, Reporting) to develop data warehouse platform vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Assists in the evaluation, selection, testing, and optimization of BI/DW related hardware and software products.
- Develops and applies sound fundamental design, analysis, and data administration concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Responsible for the development of physical and logical data models.
- Provides development and administration support for various databases, primarily SQL server databases, in a client-server development environment including stored procedures and triggers, SQL, and index performance tuning, and database design and file storage.
- Develops, deploys, and maintains Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) scripts and schedules.
- Develops and implements all database indexing, maintenance, back-up, transformations, and stored procedures.
- Exposes data to applications in various business tiers.
- Assists software developers in implementing appropriate data access permission schemas.
- Participates in the refinement and development of user stories, assessing the impact of new development on current database implementation.
- Communicates with technical and product owner stakeholders to help them anticipate and mitigate configuration management issues.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, information technology, computer science, or data analysis,
- 5 years minimum years of development experience in an Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database environment, are required for this position
- Experience working with health information systems.
- Broad knowledge and skills associated with the design and implementation of information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team of experts, with varying academic and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 15th August, 2022.