The primary responsibilities will include loading and unloading warehouse material, optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency and identifying damages to vehicles. Operating and managing industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Loading, unloading, shipping, and receiving warehouse items.
- Transporting materials to different locations within the facility.
- Optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency.
- Securing loads to the machine before transportation.
- Inspecting for damages to vehicles.
- Scheduling vehicles for maintenance and repairs.
- Operating and managing technical equipment.
- Managing inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment.
- Picking and wrapping orders for shipment.
- Identifying workplace safety hazards.
- Adhering to safety management standards.
- Adhering to production schedules.
- Keep updated records of inventory
- Produce activity logs
- Comply with company policies and guidelines
- Assist in keeping a safe environment
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid Fork-Lifting Certificate
- Must have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in Operating a Forklift or Similar
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Good knowledge of industrial equipment
- Very good physical condition
- Excellent coordination
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be proficient in operating technical machinery and RF scanners.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good Report Writing Skills
- Good written and verbal communication.
If you meet the hiring requirements for the position, please email your CV in Ms Word and Cover Letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: email@example.com & copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 30 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful. DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE