- Company: Chemonics International Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Position Title : Inventory Management Specialist (1 Position Re-advertised)
Reporting : Distribution Centre Logistics Advisor
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Inventory Management Specialist will provide technical assistance to improve inventory management procedures for public health commodities at the central medical stores and hubs, Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA). The Inventory Management Specialist will be responsible for advising on process improvement for picking/packing, put-away, replenishment, location integrity, slot location management, and stock count policy. The specialist will analyze and monitor operational data and will support continual improvement initiatives for inventory management.
- Promote technical assistance for ZAMMSA in inventory management to meet international standards and practices for pharmaceutical warehouses, such as guidelines of the World Health Organization;
- Advise on process improvement for picking/packing, put-away, replenishment, location integrity, slot location management, and stock count policy;
- Provide technical support for hub replenishment processes and link with hub staff to harmonize inventory management SOPs;
- Support continual improvement initiatives for implementing and monitoring standards (including KPIs, temperature monitoring, product security, and expiry management;
- Ensure that bin locations are opened in the system (Expert) for put-away processes and update transactions daily;
- Be available in the warehouse all working hours to provide timely support in terms of orders fill rate to ensure orders are 100% executed;
- Ensure all descriptions are correctly captured and accurately recorded (identification, quantity, quality, batch) in all transactions;
- Must pay special attention to the expiry date of commodities and warn the responsible ZAMMSA and Program staff six months and then three months before expiry date;
- Analyze and report on operational data (picks per day, inventory accuracy, etc.);
- Support daily activity planning and monitoring, to include daily workload planning and monitoring for exercises such as Activity Based Costing;
- Review equipment maintenance and monitoring for MHE and other equipment;
- Provide technical advice on recommended management information system improvements that can improve inventory management;
- Monitor and record storage temperature twice every day and provide summary report at the end of every month;
- Be responsible and accountable for all project property allocated to support proper warehouse management.
- Provide input into development and management of annual work plans for distribution center logistics based on GRZ and USG priorities;
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with the Distribution Center Logistics Advisor.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply – Professional Diploma (MCIPS) or a related field required;
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working in supply chain management, with experience in distribution center logistics and the private sector preferred;
- Knowledge of logistics software or transport management systems preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Strong data analytics skills and project management skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Location of assignment: Lusaka
To apply for this job email your details to PSMZambiaRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org
Closing Date : 26th May, 2021.