- Company: Rdg Collective Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
RDG Zambia is looking for a bright, highly motivated and disciplined Accounts Payable with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy, and financial inclusion to join our team. RDG Zambia pride itself in empowering the future through providing off-grid Communities with access to clean, affordable and reliable energy. We have been operating in Zambia since 2018.
- Managing petty cash and payment of suppliers.
- Initiate all cash, mobile money, and bank payments and recording of transactions in QuickBooks.
- Managing the processing of mobile money payments and posting in QuickBooks within correct budget line item.
- Ensure adherence to RDG Zambia payment approval policies and procedures.
- Organizing and maintain payment support.
- Preparing and maintaining fixed asset register and track all Company assets
- Preparing month end reconciliations including but not limited to cash, accounts payable, inventory, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets.
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls and protecting operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Assisting in the development of company processes and procedures through identification of process efficiencies or gaps in internal controls.
- Assist the Finance and Admin Manager with grant and other funding applications.
- Liaising with external auditors during the audit process
- Performing various other accounting and office administration duties, as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Preparing month-end reconciliations for mobile money sending, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets.
Level II in CIMA, ACCA, CA/ZICA or any equivalent Finance/Accounting Degree
Required Skills & Experience
At least 2 to 3 years work experience in an Accounting role.
Experience in accounting systems, ideally QuickBooks
Very good with MS Excel and MS Word.
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English
Good communication skills in Nyanja and Bemba.
Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.
Shared values for a triple bottom line and a passion for RDG Zambia and our customers!
Highly Desired Skills
Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of driving accounting efficiencies and accuracy
RDG Zambia is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 1st June, 2021.