- Company: Challenges Group Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Senior Manager – Zambia
Salary Grade: 2 – Senior Management Team
Hours: Full Time
Reports to: Group CEO
Question: In your opinion, what are the major barriers and opportunities for increasing youth employment in Zambia? [200-400words]
The Challenges Group is a family of social enterprise consultancies with a mission to support inclusive economic growth by fostering enterprising solutions to global development challenges. We recognise the need for creating sustainable routes to delivering social impact and innovation, and we deliver impact through looking both at how the social economy can be more enterprising and sustainable, and how the ‘traditional’ private sector can be more inclusive, particularly in developing and emerging economies.
Challenges has been operating globally for over 20 years across 4 continents. Since 1999, we’ve operated in over 70 countries, supporting more than 3,500 enterprises and tens of thousands of people. In the past four years alone, we have partnered with more than 1,000 companies in Sub-Saharan Africa, where we have established offices and full-time teams in Ghana, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia.
We are seeking to appoint a skilled Senior Manager who will have oversight for our Zambian country team and delivery portfolio including the Standard Chartered Foundation funded Youth to Work Programme and a variety of Advisory contracts.
The Senior Manager will have responsibilities that include project management, internal and external reporting, budgeting, and financial management for all projects being delivered in Zambia. They will also be required to manage and support our Zambian team alongside overall responsibility for Zambian operations. Externally they will lead the growth of Challenges work in Zambia, engaging current and new partners, developing strong working relationships, and ensuring continued and new sources of income.
As part of the Challenges Group, each Senior Manager is expected to hold at least one internal specialism that they can lead on within the wider group. These areas include: Youth Employment, Rural Programming, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, Entrepreneurship, MEL, Finance & Accounting, Change Management, Investment, Proposal & Bid Writing.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous senior management/leadership experience preferably in an international context
- Strategic thinking and a track record of effective strategic management
- Experience of planning, developing and leading projects or programmes
- Experience of budget management and reporting
- Excellent understanding of security risks and mitigation
- Strong project management skills, including project development, monitoring and evaluation
- Able to ensure excellent communication channels between the Country Offices
- Deep understanding of enterprise development and youth employment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders
- Persuasive and engaging manner
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- High level of motivation, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to represent the organisation at a senior level
- High level of IT competence, particularly Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- The ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Fluent written and spoken English
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to establish and deliver a country strategy in-line with Challenges’ priorities and the country context
- Establish partnerships to further Challenges aims in-country
- Represent Challenges at external meetings
- Support and oversee project staff and ensure that any line managed staff are supported in a clear runway, through Challenges’ performance management and development systems and in accordance with agreed HR policies and practises
- Expand and lead a team to enable delivery of project objectives.
- Ensure all Challenges policies and procedures are adhered to and specifically act as the lead for safeguarding in country.
- Ensure project delivery structures are in place for all projects and are disseminated to all relevant parties
- Provide strong leadership of the assigned projects, working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes are achieved within agreed timelines and within budget
- Manage project budgets and ensure all expenses are handled according to budget
- Collate relevant qualitative and quantitative data from all operational activity for both internal and external communication.
- Monitor and report on progress on all projects as required
- Manage stakeholder and external partners relationships
- Support in identifying and securing the services of the most appropriate consultants or staff for each project
- Responsible for identifying project risks, maintaining a risk register and developing mitigation strategies to alleviate the impact of any significant risks
- Develop client relationships to enhance current and future delivery
- Identify and foster new partnership opportunities that align to Challenges Zambia
- Lead on the development of proposals, ensuring submission deadlines are met
Monitoring, Reporting and Communications
- Collate and report relevant qualitative and quantitative data from all operational activity for both internal and external communication.
- Work with the Communications team to generate materials on our work such as case studies and social media posts.
- Oversee strong financial managements for Challenges Zambia through budget setting and forecasting, use of online accounting and financial controls and procedures.
Please send your CV, Cover Letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the role, and an answer to the below question to email@example.com by 13th June 2021.