- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in Zambia – IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of IT Infrastructure Specialist.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Coordinator, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Analysing the Systems Performance and developing Standards, Procedures and Policies as needed
- Support the service delivery team to ensure that user issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Offer 1st and 2nd level Technical Support to end users.
- Management of Service Desk and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Desktop, Laptop, Tablets and Mobile phone Standard set up, roll out, support and servicing
- IT Asset Management and IT equipment storage
- Support Business Information Systems
- Managing all end user needs e.g. equipment problems and other IT related issues.
- Work in collaboration with Back Office to offer Server Infrastructure Support and Management
- Work in collaboration with Enterprise Systems to offer Application Support and IT Audits
- Work in collaboration with Communications team to offer Network Support
- Manage, Maintain and Proactively ensure backup Power and Ventilation for IT Data Centres
- Overseeing of the System Infrastructure and assist with the planning and ordering of all hardware as and when needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma/ Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum experience (5 years) in the IT sector.
- MS Windows Server/ Desktop Operating systems installations, EMC Storage and backup systems, Network installations, Server Hardware troubleshooting and configurations.
- Experience in maintaining Microsoft Back Office Products.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Closing Date : 15th Jan. 2022